Chapter 3

Lucy's POV

We walk back to the cave in silence. "So...what was that thing?" Natsu asks, breaking the silence. "oh my phone? It allows me to talk to others from a far distance." "Hm. Weird" I tilt my head. "Where do you come from?" He yawns. "An island far from here. Only Dragons and some other mythical creatures live." "Cool!" "I guess." I don't dig into it. We stop at the cave. I slip my hood back on. "Why do you wear that?" "So no one follows me and finds you then takes you away." Natsu rubs the back of his head. "Right..." I giggle. "I'll be back tomorrow. I have work so I'll be a bit late." "Work?" "Another time. See ya!" "Oi! Wait!" I stop and look at him. "Hm?" "Here" He hands me a necklace. "That'll keep you safe." I gently take it. It was a red scale on a black string. "Its pretty! Thanks!" He blushes and rubs the back of his head. "Yeah. But like I said. It'll keep you safe if you're in danger." I hug him. "Thanks! I love it!" He freezes in shock but I pull away and slip the necklace on. I wave at him before running into the forest.

I sigh and wipe my forehead. Rough day it was. I yawn and carry my basket into the forest. "Natsu?" I yawn. "Its me" "Hey Lucy!" I walk into the now lit cave. I sit next to Natsu and set the basket down and sigh. I yawn and Natsu reaches into the basket. "Are you alright?" I yawn. "Tired." My eyes start closing and my head nods forward. Natsu looks at me weirdly but doesn't say anything but chomps into a roll. I open my eyes and sit up. I yawn and lean on Natsu's shoulder. He flinches but looks at me. I slowly close my eyes and fall asleep.

Natsu's POV

She falls asleep on my shoulder. I smile and wrap my wing and tail around her. She smiles and curls into me. I reach into the basket and munch on a sandwich. Damn she can cook. "Oi Lucy?!" In an instant, I make the cave dark and cover Lucy's ears. I look out of the cave, without glowing eyes. I can see in the dark. It was a man. He had Black hair....and was in his underwear. "Lucy!?" Then his yells and footsteps get further away. I sigh and then look at Lucy. She squirms and unconsciously wraps her arms around me. I freeze then I pick her up. I walk over to the corner of the cave and sit down. I pull Lucy into my lap. I wrap my tail around her and my wings wrapped around her. I wrap my arms around her and pull her closer. I put my chin on her shoulder and close my eyes.

"Are you in here Lucy?!" I snap my eyes open and stay silent. Then a bright light shines in the cave. I cover Lucy's ears and then the light shines on me. I narrow my eyes then the man drops the light. It was a different man then before. This one looked old. He was tiny. I growl. Lucy was out of sight. "Y-you are..." I growl louder. I hear a yawn then I take my hands off of Lucy's ears. "Natsu? What's going on?" "Child...are you hurt?" I unwrap my wings from Lucy and unwrap my arms and tail from her. "Makarov? I'm fine. What are you doing here?" She yawns and slips out of my lap. "You have been missing for a day child. Laxus saw you head into the woods."

Lucy stands up. "I'm fine." I cross my arms. "And who is this child?" I look at the small man. "this is Natsu! He's my friend!" "A half-dragon as a friend? This is unusual child! He could've hurt you!" I look away. He was right. The only reason I didn't kill her back then was because I couldn't move. "But he didn't! And he's my friend!" I cross my arms. "I'd never hurt her. Besides she helped me when I was dying." "Well why don't you turn on some lights young man so I can look at ya. If you are Lucy's friend then you won't hurt me right?" I shake my head. "Only if you give me a reason to." Makarov laughs. "He'll fit right in Lucy!" I blink. "Huh?"