Chapter 5

Lucy's POV

"You know Lucy. Now that I think about it you never smelled human from the beginning." I look at Natsu after he talks. "What do I smell like?" "Vanilla, strawberries, and something...weird." "Stardust. That's what your smelling." "Stardust? What's that?" I twirl some hair. "Its...hard to explain. But its something up in my world" "That's weird" I shrug. "I guess but you want to go on a job?" "Job?" I nod and ruffle his hair. "Yup! We help those who need it when they request it. We help, they pay." "Um, sure. But what about-" "They don't care what you are, if they don't like it then they say what creature they don't want helping them. That is a rare case though." Natsu slaps my hand off his hair and sighs in relief. "Ok. That makes me feel better." I smile. "Well lets go to the guild and choose a request!" "Right!" What happened to Natsu in the past that makes him automatically think people will call him a monster?

After walking to the guild, I lead Natsu up to the request board. "Choose one. What seems interesting?" "um..." He reads the board. "That one" He points to one. I pull it off and read it. "Help my animals are being stolen and resold. Reward: 100,000 jewel. Seems good. Ready?" "Yup!" I smile at him. "Lets go report this to Mira." "Why do we need to?" He asks as we walk over to the bar. "So they know where we are and so the requester knows we are coming." "Hm." I hand the paper to Mira. "Natsu's first mission?" Mira asks, after approving the request. "Yup! Wish us luck Mira!" "I will!" We wave before we run out of the guild. "Where to Lucy?" "To the train station!"

We slow to a stop, we stop in front of ticket booth. "Two tickets to clover town please" "Two thousand jewel please." I hand him the money and he hands me the tickets. I nod at him then grab Natsu's hand. "What is that thing?" He points to the train. "It takes us places faster." "Can't I just fly us there?" "Maybe next time. Now come on!" I drag him onto the train. We sit in some seats. Natsu looks at me and tilts his head. "Um. How does it...work?" Seconds later, the train bell rings and the train starts moving. Natsu covers his mouth and turns green. "Motion sickness? Oh that's right dragons and dragon slayers get motion sickness except for Wendy...Oops?" Natsu glares at me. I raise my hands in surrender. "Its only for an hour" He slumps on the seat. "We'll fly on the way back ok?" He simply opens the window and pukes outside.

I help Natsu off the train. "Never....again." I giggle and we step out of the train station. Natsu recovers and flaps his wings a bit. I look at Natsu and smile. "Where to Lucy?" "To the requester's house of course! Judging by the address they live at the edge of town." "Hm." I grab his arm. "Well come on!" We search around the town then we finally arrive at the requester's house. I knock on the door. The door opens and a young man appears. He first looks at Natsu then at me. "Fairy Tail?" I nod. "Yup! So can you give us the details?" "Well..."