Chapter 3

*morning*

-Sabre's pov

That was the best sleep I've had since we left the CDC. There was also a delicious smell in the air. I went downstairs to check it out and saw Cathy putting a couple of cherries on a cake. She was wearing a T-shirt with a cap covering her head this time. "Hi.  Want some cake? " she said when she saw me. She served me some  and we started a little conversation when sleepy Shark and Ghetto entered. "Morning. "Shark said while rubbing his eyes. "You guys want some cake?" Cathy asked when they sat down. "Sure. I haven't eaten cake in a long time. " Ghetto said as Cathy began serving them a slice each. "How did you guys sleep last night? " she asked a little later. "I was good. What about you? "Shark asked Cathy.  "Good. Took care of a small hoard that had gathered in one of the pastures, but we're ok. " she said. "And did you guys see the CDC, since, you know, you said that you were in Atlanta?" "We were in the CDC. We left because it was attacked. " Ghetto finally said.                                                                                  "My brother had gone to the CDC a couple of months ago. He said that he went to check to see if it was safe enough for me to go. " Cathy said. Then looked sad for a little bit. "What's wrong, Cathy? " I asked.  "Nothing. Nothing. I just... I really miss my older brother. He means the world to me. "    "Wait. Who's your older brother? " I asked.    "He's... a kind of weird guy. Or crazy. However you want to say it. I don't know if you know him or possibly even hate him but... his name is Red. " she said shyly.             "RED!?CANNIBAL RED!? HE KILLED MANY OF OUR PEOPLE!" Ghetto yelled out. "I...I didn't know that it was your group the ones who he has hurt." Ghetto was angered and began telling Cathy everything Red did to them. 

-Cathy's pov

"HE KILLED JORDAN."Ghetto raged. The tears were welling in my eyes. I couldn't take it anymore. "Stop, Ghetto! " Sabre yelled out. Then I made a run for it. As quickly as I possibly could, I ran into the barn and climbed up the hay loft. The tears streamed down my cheeks. I got my jacket that I had left in here and put it on, taking off my cap and putting on my hoodie instead. A little bit later I heard someone enter the barn. "Cathy? You in here? "I heard Shark calling. "I'm up here. You can up if you want to. " I answered. When he got up the ladder, he sat next to me. "I'm sorry, Shark. I didn't know it was your group the ones that he had been attacking lately. Please don't blame him. He didn't know any better. " I sobbed. Then Shark gave me a little hug. I hugged him back. "It's okay. Red was probably just not himself. " he said while stroking my covered head. I was beginning to feel better. It was just like what my brother did every time I cried. "Can I trust you with something? " I asked when we broke our little hug. "Sure you can. " he said. Then I revealed to him the reason I always have my hoodie on. 

-Shark's pov 

"My brother always told me to keep them hidden when the apocalypse began. You are the first person I've shown in a long time. " she said. She had cat ears a shade brighter than her redish-brown hair. That helps explain the reason she always wears the hoodie. "They look adorable on you. " I said after looking at them for a few seconds. "You... You think so? " she asked with a blush. "Anybody in here? " Ghetto said when he entered the barn. Cathy quickly put her hoodie back on and made herself look smaller. I climbed down the ladder and joined Ghetto. "You made her really upset." I finally said. "I know. I know. It's just, if Cathy joins our group we could be risking her life. I don't want for what happened to Jordan to happen to her. Not again. " he said. I could still remember how much hatred had built up in him the day Jordan died. "It's okay, Ghetto. I forgive you. " Cathy said, surprising us both. "Please give me another chance, Cathy. I've lost someone before. If the same thing happened to you, it would be the end of me. " he said. Then Cathy took of her hoodie.  "Of course I will. "

-Hi. Sowy I didn't post yesterday or the day before. I'm gonna try to get the next few chapters posted as soon as possible. 

~ 🐴