Chapter 20

-Janice's pov

  "Are you sure that you mean no harm to anyone here?"

  "Very sure, sir."

  "Then I guess you can stay for now. Only one of you go call the others of your group. Janice will then show you where you can stay."

  "Alright."

  And with that, the leader dismissed us all. The new guys, who I believe were Nick, Ghetto, and Shark, followed me back to the gate. The Shark dude went to the forest while the others stayed with me. I decide to give my little "powers" a try and gather some information before talking. After a minute or two, I felt like I knew enough to speak.

  "It's quite the coincidence. First two and now apparently seven of you. Where do you all come from?" I said, trying to start some small talk.

  "Umm... from Atlanta. And what do you mean by first two?" Nick asked.

  "Shelby and Xavier are here. You know them, right? From the CDC."

  "They're here?!" Ghetto said with shock.

  "Wait, how do you know about us having been at the CDC?" Nick asked, looking at me suspiciously. I did not think this through.

  "I have my ways." I replied, shrugging before starting to wonder where the others were at. It doesn't help my anxiety for me to worry about them but I just can't help it.

  After a while longer, Shark is returning with several people following him. They are a kind of weird looking bunch to be honest. A redhead wears a red hoodie that has the Flash symbol in front. The other three are brunettes, one with an eyepatch, a gray shirt, and a fading purple with green hoodie tied on his waist. Another was wearing a dark long sleeve shirt and a sort of black fabric covering his eyes but it was clear he could see where he was going. Last of them was wearing an old looking vest that still had a faint yellow tint to it along with a hardhat attached to his belt.

  "Here we are." Shark said as they approached. "Now, Janice, this is Red," he pointed to the redhead, " that's Barney," the one with the eyepatch, " Sabre," the one with the fabric on his eyes, " and over there is Monroe," the one wearing the vest.

  "Okay then. Nice to meet you all. Now follow me." I said before turning around and leading them to an unoccupied house. It was small but I think they will fit.

  "So where is Shelby and Xavier?" Ghetto asked as we got closer to the house.

  "They're staying in my place for now. If you want, I could tell them where you are so they come to see you."

  "I think Nick is the one who really wants to see her," Shark says with a smirk.

  "Shut up, Shark!" Nick yells, his face turning a bit red.

  "Definitely seems like it," I say giggling a little.

  "I hardly even know you!" Nick yelled while turning redder. The others and I just laugh as he pouts in embarrassment.

  As we kept walking to their new place, I noted that they seemed to be relaxed around each other. What bothered me was that I could feel some tension amongst them. I wanted to know but I decided to let them tell me if they wanted to and not pry any deeper to their memories.

  "If you want, we can stop by my place so you could see Shelby and Xavier." I said out of nowhere. They glanced at each other before Nick spoke for them.

  "Yes, please."

(A/N: Let's check up on Lorenzo, his guard, and the girls before going to Shelby's pov, shall we?)