Chapter 14

-Cathy's pov

  "So does anyone know what we are doing here and why?" I asked Natassha and Nicole. They both just shook their heads. 

  "We have no idea even how the leader here looks like. We got captured a couple days ago. " Nicole said. 

  "Plus we were put in some cells in the lab of a crazy and weird looking doctor. He was so creepy even Nicole started being overprotective again. " Natassha said. 

  "I was not!"

  " You were! "

  "Anyways, we were caught off guard during a supply run we made to the city and didn't have a chance to at least run to safety. They just knocked us out and we woke up in the cell of that cray cray doctor." 

  "Wow. When I was caught, I was actually with my friends and brother. We had been playing in a lake and when we split up to go change our clothes, some people came and beat up one of my friends that had followed me to keep me safe. " I said when Nicole finished. 

  "Heh. Explains the onezie. I actually had one of a pink unicorn when I was little. " she told me. 

  "So what do we do while we wait to see what happens?" Natassha finally asks after a bit of awkward silence. 

  "Roshamboe?" Nicole said. 

  "What?"

  "It's what our English 1 teacher called the game rock paper scissors back in middle school. "

  "Oh yeah! Let's play a little bit." Natassha said after thinking about it for a bit. 

  "Can I play too?" suddenly a man's voice said making the three of us jump in suprise. 

  Nicole, being the one that was standing up, quickly got in front of Natassha and me. Now I see what Natassha meant by overprotective. Nicole just met me and she is already ready to defend us all. 

  "Aw, no need to worry,"  the man said with a small chuckle, " I'm King Lorenzo. Welcome to my little place."

  "What do you want from us?" Nicole said with some nervous fear edging her voice. 

  "Nothing. I'm inviting all of you to have dinner with me. I  just want to get to know you and hopefully get you a position so that you could stay here. That is, unless you want to go back to be expiraments for Dr. Ross. "

  "Nonononono please no! " Natassha and Nicole said quickly at the same time. 

  "Who's Dr. Ross?" I asked confused by the girls reaction. 

  "Trust me. You don't want to know. " Natassha said. 

  "Anyways, as I was saying, you will get a position that will pretty much pay for your stay here. But first, you all need some better clothes. Jacob!"

  Suddenly a guard ran inside the room and quickly walked up to Lorenzo. "Yes, sir? "

  "Take these girls to the closets. They need a change of clothes that they will choose and then bring them back here. "

  "Yes sir. Follow me please ladies. "

  We followed the guard out the dinning room and down a long hallway. We took a couple of turns before arriving to a door that Jacob said was the closet. Inside was actually a medium sized room with racks of clothes against the walls with some curtains in a corner so somebody could change in private. 

  "I'll give you all about half an hour to change and get ready. I'm going to be waiting outside if you need me." Jacob said before getting out, closing the door behind him. 

  "Welp, what are we waiting for. I really need a change of jeans." Nicole said walking up to a rack with new looking jeans. I have to admit, her jeans do look very used with several large tears. The three of just started sifting through the clothes. 

~time skip~

-Nicole's pov

  After finding some clothes I liked, I changed into them. The jeans were so comfortable and the leather jacket I found fit nicely. Natassha had found a blue-green jacket with a treble clef on the back and some dark blue jeans as well. Cathy had found a solid black hoodie along with black jeans. What I found kind of odd, though, was the fact that she was wearing her hood with her sleeves rolled up to her elbows. Then again, who am I to judge what she does or wears. I used to always wear my bangs covering my right eye. 

  "So, are we all ready?" Natassha said breaking the kind of peaceful silence. 

  "I am. What about you Cathy?" I replied. 

  "Yeah, yeah." she said, hanging her head a bit. She looked like she was sad for some reason. 

  "Something wrong?"

  "Nah. I'm good."

  "You sure? You do know you can talk to us if you feel you need to." Natassha said, showing Cathy we are there for her. 

  "Okay."

  "Are you all ready?" Jacob said from the other side of the door. We had completely forgotten about him. Well, now we remember. 

  "Yup. We are indeed." I replied for the three of us. We all started going back to the dinner room after we got out of the 'closet'. It's nice to see a familiar face. 

-Lorenzo's pov (*gets punched lightly in the arm by Lorenzo* It's King Lorenzo. Me: Nope. Not here.)

  Everything was going as planned so far. The cook had just finished making dinner and I just needed to wait for the girls to get here. I had taken my seat when I heard laughter coming from the hallway before I saw the door being busted open and the short girl, Nicole I think her name was, tripping over the carpet with the other two falling over her and my guard almost crashing into them. All of them were a in a heap of laughter and Jacob helped the girls get off the shorty. I gave a small chuckle, making the laughter from the four of them die down. The girls still had a small grin on their faces, but Jacob looked shameful. 

  "I guess it's okay to have some fun while you still can. Your playfulness seems to agree with them." I told Jacob trying to cheer him enough so I don't look so cold. He looked up with a slight gleam of relief in his eyes. 

  "Thank you." he said. 

  "Well, what do we do? " the tallest asked.

  As in on cue, the cook comes in with a cart full of food and drinks. The girls quickly take a seat together while Jacob helps the cook serve the food. Looks like he actually wants to be a friend to them. 

  "Eat up girls. Tomorrow you will begin showing me what you can do. " I say, giving the cue for them to eat. All is going very well. So very well. 

-Hoi! I is back. Well, since I got nothing else much to say...

Question: What do you think Lorenzo plans to do with Cathy, Nicole, and Natassha?

So yeah. Just to give you all something to think about. 😊 

~🐴