Chapter 11

-Red's pov

   "Hey Barney. Could you please hand me the cereals? "I asked when my stomach growled. 

   "What types? Theres is fruit loops ands frosted flakes. "

   "I'll take the frosted flakes. "

   "Hey guys. You done having breakfast?" Ghetto asked when he came in. For being enemies, we are getting along good enough. 

  "Almost. What's up? "

  "Cathy, Nick, and Shark are back and we will head to the lake in a bit."

  "Oh no. Well, gotta run for my life then. "

  "Oh hell naw do you think you are getting away again. You just came back. "Cathy said as she came in followed by Nick and Shark.

   "Why?! " I yelled out in surprise. I don't know how I got into this mess  in the first place. 

   "You have been gone for a couple of months now. Plus, you're hurt. Don't be ashamed of the onezie. You aren't the only one who is going to wear one." Cathy responded a bit too loud. Well, time for hell. 

   "Come on boys. To the lake! "Cathy shouted excitedly. She may be almost 15, but she still acts like a 6 year old. 

(time skip to when they arrive at the lake)

-Cathy's pov

   "Hey guys. The water is very fresh. Get in here. "I said as I splashed in the water. The weather is so warm for winter.

    "I wanna dive in. "Shark suddenly said as he climbed one of the trees that grew with branches over the lake. 

   "Diving contest! "Sabre shouted while he caught up to Shark. 

   "On my count. 1, 2, wait!" I said before moving out of the way. Shark and Sabre were about to jump and started struggling to keep their balance. They both ended up falling with a head first dive from Shark and a belly flop from Sabre. 

   "I think I know who the winner is. " chuckled Monroe. 

   "Was that on purpose? "groaned Sabre when he and Shark swam to the edge of the water. 

   "Maybe. Anyways, my turn! Who's going against me?" I announced. 

   "I wills go against yous. "Barney said with joy gleaming in his eye. 

   "I'll be the judge this time." Red said while Barney and I climbed up the tree. This is going to be good. 

    "Okay. First Barney. 1, 2, 3, dive! "

    Barney dove into the water like a pro. He did a couple of flips before landing in the lake. Oh geez. This will be hard. 

   "I give it a 9. What do you think Monroe?" Red said. 

   "I also give it a 9."

   "My turn!" I yelled out. 

   "Okay. 1, 2, 3, dive! "

   "YOLO!!"

    I jumped off the branch and flip fowards once before landing head first in the water. 

   "Woo! What's my rating boys?" I asked when I got to the surface. 

   "I give it an 8." Red answered. 

   "8.5" Monroe said. 

    I swam to the edge of the water and began splashing Red in the face. He began yelling while trying to splash me back. We all continued playing in the water for a while before getting out. 

   "I have wrinkles on my fingers. It feels weird."I randomly said, causing everyone to laugh their heads off. 

   "It looks kind of late now. Let's go back home. " Red finally said. 

    We all got on our way to change out of our wet clothes in separate parts of the surrounding the lake. All the boys went to one side while I went to a special tree. It is hollow in the inside with a curtain of vines. The crevice inside was large enough for me to walk around confortably. I changed into my unicorn onezie and made sure my ears wouldn't show through the hood. Once I was ready, I got out to find Nick waiting for me sitting at the base of a nearby tree. 

    "Hi Nick. What are you doing here? "I asked.

    "I didn't want to leave you alone. Plus, I needed to get away from Red for a bit. Could you please tell me the rest of the your story of when the apocalypse began?"

    "Sure... Just get comfortable first. It's a long story... "

(flashback)

     She had died to those persons. She was gone now. That means that Red and I were made orphans. I got inside the house and called some of my friends. We gathered in Caleb's house to talk about my situation. Andres and Joy were there. They began to talk about a new virus that was making everyone crazy and bloody. It started to make sense why the people that attacked my mom were unstopping. We decided to get out of the area just in case more people came. We all decided to gather supplies and head to the tree house that we had built in the forest. The boys collected some firewood and Joy and I began making the tree house a bit more comfortable to sleep in. When the boys made the little camp fire, we all gathered for some warmth and to roast some marshmallows that Joy had secretly brought. 

     The next day we began going in the direction Red's college was at. It was a couple of days walk, but we got there. When we did, it was a hell of a mess. There was students everywhere carrying supplies to their dormitories. Some even had weapons. 

    "Hey! Get inside now! The're coming! " someone yelled. I turned around to see more of the bloody people limping towards us. We ran inside and were led to an empty bedroom. Later we learned about how it could have started and all the safety measures in the area. I searched for Red, but one of his friends said he left to find his family. I was about to leave when they said it's best I stayed in case he came back. 

    I stayed for a couple of months before finding the chance to sneak out. I couldn't just sit there and do nothing. I grabbed a pink katana from the armory and a shotgun. I left at night and only left a note so my friends won't panic. I remembered that D.C. was closer to the college and decided to go on a supply run. I arrived at a town nearby to get myself set up when I found a doctor. He didn't see me but I believe he knew I was there. I found out where he had a base and found a bunch of weird formulas in what seemed to have been a hospital turned into a lab. I started to get a bit spooked by the fomulas. I decided to leave directly for D.C. so I won't have to deal with the guy. 

(once again flashback interrupted)

  "Watch out!"

  I heard someone yell before being knocked to the ground. I saw an awful scenario unfold before me as I got dragged to my feet and felt my hood fall of. I tried to catch it before it fell off my head completely but I couldn't because someone was holding me. Nick was getting beat. I had no choice now. 

   "RREEDDDD!!!" I yelled as loud as I could. My mouth got covered and before I could react, pain and darkness consumed me. 

   "Cathy!" I faintly heard before hitting the ground. 

-I am fudging sorry! Sorry I didn't update on Christmas. Sorry I didn't update on New Years. I was really busy. But to make it up, here is a long chapter. My new record. I will try my best to update more often for all of you. Thanks for reading. 

~🐴