Chapter 10

-Shark's pov 

We were finally in town. It's weird how long ago Ghetto, Sabre, and I found Cathy here. Eventually we find the store Sabre recalled and entered to find a hoard of about fifteen zombies. 

"Use mayle weapons only. Save ammo." Cathy says as she draws her katana. I noticed that it had a pale pink shade on the hilt. Then again, I don't really pay attention to color anymore. 

The zombies noticed us. Time for action. 

-Nick's pov 

Cathy rushed for attack first before Shark or I did. Some zombies were starting to crowd around her and I started swinging at them. She may be Red's sister, but she is special. 

"Watch out!" I hear Cathy yell before she pushed me to the side. She pushed me too hard because we both fell. She landed over me and for a second we were face to face. I saw her blush lightly before pushing herself off and attacking more zombies. There was debris on the floor where I had been previously standing. 'Note to self: thank Cathy when we finish here.'

After a couple of minutes, we cleared out the building. Now for what we came for. 'Time for Shark's misery. '

-???'s pov (he's back!)

Now that she is gone with only two people, she will be easier to catch. Yet again, I can also get rid of Nick once and for all. This is going to be so easy. 

-Shelby's pov

"Look, professor. We need to get going. You never know when the strangers could come back. " I pleaded professor x. We had somehow managed to get by after the attack by the strangers. Everyone died except us. I don't even know if Nick and Barney are alive. 

"Okay. Let's just pack up and go in a bit." he responded. 

After a while we began heading south. Leave the past behind and move forward. We had too much death. Too many lost friends. Ak, Major Gray, Bobby, Doctor Jin, Tommy, Uni, even Red's men. They're all gone. The enemy isn't Red anymore. The enemy now are the strangers. 

(time skip)

-Cathy's pov

"Oh Shark. Look at what I found for you. "I called out taunting him. 

"Nononononono. Please no. "he said while I dragged him into the nearby changing rooms. I pushed him inside and handed him a light blue shark onezie. 

"We are not leaving until you try it on. "I said as I closed the door. Just gotta love teasing the boys. 

"Hey Cathy. You don't mind if I talk to you please? "Nick asked me. 

"Sure. You better show me if the onezie fits before we leave okay Shark."

"Fine. "Shark groaned from inside the changing room.

When Nick and I exited the shop, he sighed deeply before taking. 

"I know that you know that Red and I are enemies but where were you when the apocalypse began? "

"Well do you want to hear the whole thing or just the main points? "

"I think it's best for the whole thing so that I could understand. "

"Okay so I remember the night before the apocalypse... "

(flashback)

"Mommy, when is Red coming back? "

Red had barely left for college and I had just begun my final year in middle school. I was 13 at the time and was a very curious teen. 

"He'll come back in a few months to visit." she plainly answered. 

I left to my room and climbed out the window. I had checked the time to see that it was about 8 in the night. I always had a preference to sneak out here to think at night. Sitting on the roof with my knees to my chest, I looked up at the stary sky. It was so beautiful and relaxing, I kinda began to doze off to sleep. Next thing I knew was a very loud and awful shriek piercing the air.I climbed to the front part of the house and saw my mom being attacked by blood covered people. I admit. I was scared the heck out of me. They were biting and hitting her. I remembered that there was a couple throwing knives in the attic and after getting them, I placed myself in position on the roof to hit the people hitting her. 

"Hey! Leave her alone! "

They turned around and a few began to try to reach for me while the others continued to beat at my mom. Then I just snapped. I didn't pay attention to what I did to them. I killed them all. I hadn't even noticed that I had jumped off the roof. When I saw my mom, she was dead. Her skin was marked with bite marks and bloody prints. 

(flashback interrupted; blame shark)

"Cathy. I tried it on. Can I take it off now?" Shark said as he opened the shop door. 

"Does it fit good?" I asked while looking at him. I had expected for him to look funny but with his sunglasses, he actually looked pretty cool.

"Yeah."

"Admits. You look cool like that dude. Like legit cool. "

"Who else is going to wear a onezie? "

"Red and I. I'm going to wear a unicorn onezie. Red is going to wear a red dinosaur onezie with a lightning bolt on the front. "

"Okay. Can we go now? "

"Alright bois let's go. Go change first and bring the onezie. I wanna get into the lake before past midday. "

-Okay. So I kinda found a way to get Shelby and the Professor into the story. The reads though have just been rising at a slow but steady rate so I'm happy about that. I'll try to get a Christmas chapter up and a continuing of Cathy's story of before the apocalypse. If I don't get it up before Christmas, I'll try to upload before New Years Eve. 

~🐴