Chapter 19

-Red's pov

  Nick, Ghetto, and Shark kept walking down the path while the rest of us stayed back. I don't know if they've done this often but, they seemed to know what to do. At least, I hope so....

  "Let's keep going. If this is going to be the town I think it is,then I know a place where we will have a good view of it."

  "Better be..."  Sabre muttered.

  We kept walking until I was able to catch a glimpse of the town. It was the town I expected. They had a very good defense system compared to the CDC. Learned that the hard way.

  "Here we go. Follow me." I said as I hurried up a hill. When we reached the top, we were all trying to catch our breath for the hill was quite steep. I'm really getting out of shape...

   "Hey, there it is." Monroe said while pulling out some binoculars, "And I see Nick, Shark, and Ghetto at the gates. They're being guided by a girl with a pistol to some building."

  "Lets me see." Barney said, standing next to Monroe. He handed him the binoculars and Barney looked at the town.

  "Nick, Shark, and Ghetto are having their weapons taken."

  This immediately caught our attention. He handed me the binoculars and I looked to where he pointed. Sure enough, they had their weapons taken. They seemed like they weren't exactly being forced to, though.

  "They've entered a building. Should we wait to see what happens or barge in there on a murder spree?" I ask the others.

  "Let's wait until sundown. If something bad happens, then we'll have the cover of darkness." Sabre recommended.

  "Sound good. You guys agree?"

  Monroe and Barney just nodded. They seemed a little nervous though, like if they sensed some deja vu or something coming. After a few more minutes of waiting for any signal that the others might need some backup, we decided to get ready just in case we need to go in. Monroe had brought a small  whetstone and started sharpening blades while Barney kept lookout for the guys. Sabre and I took inventory of how much ammo and food we had left.

  "Hey, Red? Why did you always chase Nick and his group?" Sabre suddenly asked.

  "Well, in case you forgot, I'm a cannibal. Plus, they have always led me to more food so it was a reason to keep them alive." I answered. Then I remembered how Cathy treated them. She could've also gone cannibalistic had I not found her sooner and she wouldn't have been so nice.

  "Why do you like to eat human flesh though?"

  "I... d-don't want to talk about it. Let's just say something happened and well... I think the best way to explain it is... it's kind of like taking drugs. Once you start, it's hard to stop."

  With that statement we stopped talking. It was going to be my turn soon to keep watch for the other three so, I decided to walk around for a little. I went to a little spot that I remembered from the time my men and I attacked this group. The tree bore the scar of the attempt of my decapitation. Saved by pure luck.

  Now that I think about it, I guess it was simply not my time to go yet. Cathy still needs me, yet, I feel like I haven't done my job of protecting her as I should have. I've made sure she is safe and well-fed and that she had enough supplies. I started feeling a warmth flow from my eyes and drip off me. I wish I could have done more.... 

-Natassha's pov

  Walls. A ceiling. Bed. Small but comfy sofa. I guess the room they shoved me in was nice. I just felt lonely. Luckily for me, I managed to locate the other girls, somewhat. I was sitting on the sofa when suddenly I felt the usual drop in tempature.