Chapter 18

-Shark's pov

  "So should we follow them or not?"

  "Maybe. What do you think, Nick?"

  We all looked at Nick for an answer. He told us about two persons who were leading some zombies and we were all debating on weather we should follow them or not.

  "Well," he started after a bit," maybe we should to see what kind of group they belong to. For all we know, they could be part of a new Ross related group."

  This instantly created a bit of tension. There was a bit of an awkward silence before it was broken by Ghetto.

  "Let's do it like we used to. We go to their hideout with some of us waiting outside just in case they're bad people." he suggested.

  "So, do you all agree?" Nick asked after some thought. He seemed kind of nostalgic.

  The others and I agreed, though, Monroe seemed a little insecure about it. We then planned out on how to group ourselves. After about half and hour, we decided that Nick, Ghetto, and I would go inside and the others would stay outside. Since it was still dark, we decided to go once the sun rose.

~smoll time skip~

  "Reminds you of the old days, right?" I said as we walked down the path Nick saw the people go on. Nick, Ghetto, and I took the lead while Red, Sabre, Barney, and Monroe stayed back a little.

  "All we need is Ak and we might as well have a blast from the past." Nick replied.

  "Yeah. Remember that time at Greenfield of when we found him? Didn't know what to think of it then." Ghetto said with a small chuckle.

  I knew of their find of Ak because they had told me about it when I had finally returned to the base. He actually turned out to be a better person than expected.

  "Yeah, I remember. Then when we flew back to Seaport. That was nice." Nick seemed to look... I don't really know... upset? Sad at the memories maybe?

  Then there were gunshots. All of us clustered together looking in the direction of the shots. Red had a pistol in hand while Barney had a crossbow. Nick, Monroe, and Sabre showed off their malee (a/n: think that's the correct spelling idk) weapons. Ghetto and I got rifles. The shots sounded a bit too close for comfort, so naturally we all got ready to fight.

  We waited a little bit before hesitantly continuing down the path. For now, it had probably been a false alarm but, life for some reason always had to be weird and jinx us. I decided to appreciate the extra hours of life I have.

- Nicole's pov

  Sooooo..... I've tried to be a sneaky child for the eighth time already with no success. Whoop-de-flipping-doo. With a sigh of frustration, I faceplant onto my new bed.

  "Just take a few deep breaths. Cool down. Don't blow up now." I thought to myself. Before the apocalypse, I would have been reading or head banging to some songs. Not gonna mention any for privacy measures. (*insert smirk for Nicky*)

  I really wanted to go back with Natassha and Cathy, but stupid guards were too good for my sneak attempts. Maybe I could escape some other way?

  I was barely starting to consider risk a shot on the back by running away when there was a knock at my door. I barely had time to get to my feet before a guard came inside and cuffed me. Not to worry though because I gave him a hard time with that. I could almost sense the anger and frustration I gave him and I smirked.

  "What are you so smiley about?" he snapped at me. "Good thing for me you are going back?"

  I think the only reason I didn't stay still in place was probably because he kept pushing me to walk. He made it the more tempting to just give him the low kick. 

  "Where are we going exactly?"

  "Let's just say you have a 90 percent chance of dying."

  "WHAT?!"

  He kept pushing me forward while I tried to go back. I did not like the idea of a raised chance of death. The guard eventually managed to drag me all the way to an all too familiar room. Just to make things a little bit 'better', the last person I ever wanted to see was there.

  "Well, welcome back to the lab. You took a while to come back." Dr. Ross said as he approached us.

  "Where do I put her?" the guard asked, tightening his grip on me.

  "Cell 1 should do. And give her a blanket and water while your at it." Ross replied, checking on some chemicals that were being heated.

  The guard tossed me a little harshly in my new cell. He had not locked the door yet but, seeing as he didn't take off the handcuffs, it wouldn't have been a good idea to make a run for it. He then tossed in a folded blanket with a water bottle before uncuffing me and locking the door. With a quick word to Dr. Ross, the guard left to hopefully someplace very far from here.

  "I hope you get comfortable, Subject 1. Tomorrow will be your first expirament." Ross said passing by my cell.

  Well crap....

-3rd person pov

  As the day wore on for all the groups, little did anyone know of a new group of survivors on the rise. They had come from the northwestern part of the country towards the general direction of Atlanta. And they were advancing fast. They tore down settlements and killed survivors and zombies alike. They were more ferocious than Red's men or the Strangers ever were.

  Amongst their ranks stood out a person who wore a mask and cloak. This was their leader and was very well respected. Any who stood in their path were torn apart by them. They were not to be messed with and all who did learned that fairly quick.

  Their goals no one knew. Their reasons were unknown. And there was no way to stop them...

~ Welp that's Chapter 18. Hopefully we can get a few fight scenes in sometime soon. Maybe next chapter 😏

Since I don't have much to talk about, I'll just give you all a question.

What is your favorite song?

My answer - Knives and Pens Acoustic

See ya all in the next chappy. 😀

~pony