Chapter 7

*time set: middle of the night*

-??'s pov

Finally! My long walk here has paid off. The was a barn and a cabin nearby. I limped into the barn and was immediately tackled down by someone once I entered. They cuffed me then sat me up and held by my head. "Who are you?" a very firm voice asked. "Take a good look at me. "I said plainly. The person let go of me and their eyes connected with mine. "Red?! "

-Cathy's pov

No way! Red was home! "Red! "I squealed as I hugged him. His sweater was bloody and was limping before I tackled him. I uncuffed him and helped him up. "Are you okay? What happened? "I asked with concern as I sat him on a hay bale that I had lowered that morning. 

"Nothing. Just got shot and broke my leg escaping. "

"I'll be back. I'm bringing some medical supplies to clean you up. "

I walked to the cabin and went inside the storage room. "Hi, Cathy. What are you doing up so late? " I turned around to see that it was Nick. 

"The question is what are YOU doing? "

"I came for a late night snack. And you? "

"I came for a first aid kit, some bandages, and a splint. My brother is here. "

"Who's your brother? "

Oh geez. Now I'm thinking that was not the best thing to say. "Um... Maybe it's best for you to find out in the morning. Don't worry about him. I'm sending him to sleep with me on the loft. "

Nick gave me a suspicious look before he replied. "I kind of want to meet him right now. "

"Sorry. He's too hurt at the moment. The others know who he is if you want to ask them. " Then I left quickly. Hopefully he doesn't follow me. 

-Shark's pov

I was still awake when Nick came in to our shared room. "We have to talk. Who is Cathy's brother? " he said entering the room. 

"Why? "

"I found her in the storage room and she told me she was getting medical supplies for her brother. Who is he? "

Oh no. "I don't think you might want to know. Even Ghetto warned her to not to tell you, knowing that you will react worse than he did. "

"Just tell me already. "

"I already told you that it's best you don't find out right now. "

"Tell. Me. His. Name. "

"Fine. Okay okay. Cathy's brother is Red. "

His face filled with anger. "You're not kidding right? "

"Unfortunately, no. "

Oh no. I made a run for it at the same time Nick did. I can't let him hurt Cathy or Red. 

-Sabre's pov

I heard running outside my room that I shared with Monroe. Being a light sleeper, I was awoken quick. "Nick! Get back here! " I heard Shark yell as he ran. I grabbed my saber and followed the commotion. I saw Nick running for the barn with Shark following him. I ran and nearly caught up to them when I saw Cathy peek out of the door with fear plastered in her face. I was so close to Nick now that I had a chance to tackle him down. And I took that chance. He fell and Shark helped me pin him down. "Get off me! "Nick yelled. 

"Guys! Everything okay? "Ghetto said when he came a bit later. 

"You have handcuffs or something to hold Nick? "I said, struggling to keep him down. He handed me a strong rope and I tied Nick while Shark held him. "Could someone please explain what is going on with Nick? " Ghetto asked. 

"Red's here. " Shark said. 

"Nick. Calm down dude. " Ghetto said realizing how bad things are. This was going to be a long night. 

-Cathy's pov

"Can you climb the ladder? " I asked Red after seeing that the guys left with Nick calmed down. 

"I think I can. Let me try." he said before trying, which always ended up with him slipping because of his leg. 

"Come on, you silly boy. I'll help you "

I climbed up a bit and grabbed his hand. Once we got up the loft, I helped him to my bed that I had up here. "Stay here. I'm going to check on the others. Maybe they have Nick under control right now. "

"Nick's here? "

"Yeah." Why do I always end up saying the wrong thing?! WHY?! "Just wait for me here. I will stop him if he tries to get to you. "

After I got down, I started heading towards the cabin. "Shark? You here? "

"Yeah. In the kitchen. "

"So... Is Red really here? " he asked when I came in. 

"Yes. He is. I put him to sleep in the loft. "

"We managed to catch Nick before he got to you both. We had all thought Red was dead."

"Hold on a sec! You mean you guys had tried to kill him already?! "

"Of all of us that are still alive after the attack on the CDC, he is the one that was there when he was supposedly killed. "

"I... I need to talk to Nick. Could you tell me where he is? Please? "

"I'll join just so he won't do you harm. Okay? "

"Sure. "

-So..... What do you think will happen? Do you think Nick will be okay with the fact that Red is actually alive AND that Cathy is his sister? Find out more in the next chapter! 

~🐴