e l e v e n

Yesterday was so much fun, riding rides, winning prizes, eating junk food. But the laughter, the smiles, how we all realized that we need each other. I roll over to see what time is it. 

3:00 a.m. 

I couldn't sleep. Was it because of how much fun I had yesterday or is it because of my dad? I grab my phone from the night stand, I go to my Instagram to see if anybody knows what happened to my father. But no. Nobody. I scroll through different people's accounts. I find Dallas's. My heart just sank. It was a post of him and his friends. 

@dallasisawesome: Chilling out with my bros. 

I go to his profile, I see pictures of him and I when we were dating. My chest starts hurting, anger starts building up. We were so cute together, what happened? I kept scrolling, posts of us smiling, Dallas kissing my cheek, us making silly facial expressions. We were so perfect. 

I exit out of the app feeling so angry at myself, I was a such a fool. I thought he was the one. I thought he wouldn't break my heart, and be there for me. I was totally wrong. 

I go to my Skype seeing if Austin is connected. The screen is black. All black. I turn my lamp on not knowing that Austin was connected to me. I turn to face the screen. "Aah!" Austin laughs. "That's not funny Austin, what are you doing up this late?" "What are you doing up this late?" "Two-sch" "Seriously, what are you doing up this late?" "I couldn't sleep" "What time is it?" "3:00 in the morning" "Did you have a bad dream?" "No. I just can't sleep" "Is it because of your dad?" "Maybe or Dallas" "Dallas?" "I look at his Instagram page, he just posted a picture like 5 secs ago. Then I went to his full profile, looking at pictures of us" "Ally, you shouldn't be remembering that stuff, you should move on and have a happier life than that" "Easy for you to say Austin, you didn't have to deal with a boy constantly hitting you" "Actually, I have a girl that is controlling me so in a way I kinda know how you feel" "Oh..right" We had a awkward pause. 

"So.." "So.." I didn't know what to say. All I was doing was staring at the screen, and at him. "I can't wait for Friday" "Me too. You are going to rock it!" "Thanks Ally" "I have a idea" "What is it?" "I'm going to text Trish" "Why?" "Trust me, you are going to love it" "Umm..alright" I exit out of Skype, and goes to iMessage. 

Trish. 

Hey Trish, I know you are probably asleep, you might be thinking why Ally is texting me at 3 in the morning but I have a idea. Didn't you say you will call Jimmy Starr to sent him a appointment for Austin. So I was wondering if you can call Jimmy to see if he can come to the open-mic show on Friday. Thanks Trish, you're the best! 

"Ally!" I totally forget that I was on Skype with Austin. "Sorry Austin. I just send a message to Trish, hopefully she will answer" "You know Trish is going to be mad" Then a caller ID pops up. "It's Trish, she wants me to Skype her" "Maybe we can all Skype together" "Yeah, I'm gonna answer her" I click the "answer" button. "Hey Trish" "What's up Trish?" "DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!" "Trish, I know, but we need your help" "Wait. What are you talking about Ally?" "Ally is trying to see if Jimmy Starr can come to your open-mic" "ARE YOU SERIOUS! JIMMY IS THE HEAD OWNER OF STARR RECORDS! Wait! Ally, do you really think he is coming?" "If we can convince him. What do you say Trish?" "Please Trish" "Please. Please. Please" "Fine, I will call him" "YES!" "So wait, does that mean you are my manager Trish?" "Yes" "Thank you Trish" "Yeah, yeah. Now can I please go back to sleep?" I roll my eyes and smiled. "Night Trish" She cuts off, it was just Austin and I. 

"THIS IS AMAZING!" "I'm so excited for you Austin. Maybe Dez can record your performances" "Yeah, let me see if he can get on Skype" "Austin, let's tell him tomorrow. We don't want him to wake up" "Yeah, you're right" He starts yawning. "Ally, I'm going to sleep. I will see you tomorrow" "Ok, good night future pop star" "Night beautiful" He cuts off. I close the app. 

I decided to go to sleep too. I turn my phone off and lamp. I lay down. My eyes start closing. 

"Night beautiful" 

***

The sun was lighting up my whole room, making me feel hot. I open my eyelids. My phone starts ringing every 3 seconds. I rub my eyes. I reach over for my phone. Twitter notifications. Instagram notifications. Snapchat notifications. Lots of people are following me because of my silly, quirky pictures, but I feel like they don't know who I really am inside. 

I pull the covers away from my body, walk to the bathroom. I turn the shower on. Feeling the coldness of the water touching my skin, making me feel good. Today is the open-mic show, Austin is gonna kill it. 

***

I start changing into a white and dark blue tank top, with a pair of white jeans with black vans. I go to my dresser, I brush my hair adding more dye to the bottom of my hair making it blonde. I start curling it. I put some red lipstick on my pink perfect lips. Looking stunning! I grab my phone and the rest of my stuff. 

I head downstairs. I exit out of my house, off to Sonic Boom. I put my headphones on, listening to Ariana Grande. I unlock the door, waiting for Austin, Trish and Dez. 

I go up to the practice room since nobody is here yet. I sit down instantly I began playing the keys. I start singing Moonlight by Ariana Grande.

 "The sun is setting and you're right here by my side, And the movie is playing, but we won't be watching tonight, Every look, every touch makes me wanna give you my heart, I'd be crushin' on you, baby, Stay the way you are" 

"'Cause I never knew, I never knew, You could have moonlight in your hands, 'Til the night I held you. In the moonlight. Moonlight" 

I got so caught up into playing into the song, I didn't even notice that Austin, Trish and Dez was standing in the doorway listening to me. I turn around. "Aah! How long have you guys been standing there?" "Just to know that you have a beautiful voice Ally" "You have real talent" I smile. "Thanks guys, that really means a lot" "So what time does the open-mic starts?" "Tonight" "Dez, we want you to record Austin's music videos" "Ally, I been doing that since we were 6 years old" "Oh okay" 

***

**~Fast-Forwarding to the open-mic night~**

***

"Alright Austin, this is it. This is going to be your big break. Make us proud" Trish already know that he will. "Thanks Trish, I will" 

"You are going to rock it Austin!" "Thanks Ally" I hugged him. "Hey Austin, is Kira coming?" "Nah, I rather have my best friends than her" "Alright guys. Let's go!" It's time to rock!

***

Wow! There was a lot of people here, I never knew that this open-mics were a big thing, now I do. "Austin, look. It's Jimmy Starr. Let's go introduce ourselves" I can see that Austin was nervous but I know he can do it. "Jimmy, baby. It's Trish" "Nope, I don't know you" "Austin's manager" "Nope" "Well this is Austin Moon, and he is going to knock you off your feet" "He better. Alright show me what you got" I follow Austin to backstage. "Alright, Ally. This is it. My time is about to shine" "You can do this Austin, I have total faith in you" "Thanks Ally" He hugs me. "Rock it" He shakes his head. I join Trish and Dez in the crowd. 

People start clapping, there was Austin on stage. He belongs on that stage. "What up Miami! My name is Austin Moon and let's get ready to rock. This song was written by my partner Ally, let's do this" People start clapping. The band starts playing, there was Austin singing his heart out. 

The crowd was getting into it. I start getting into it. My body starts moving, I feel so alive. Austin was really loving it. The stage is where he belongs. I look over at Jimmy, he is loving it. 

"That is what we're about" People start applauding. Austin gets off, we all wait for Jimmy's approval. "Austin Moon, I been in this businesses a long time and I know talent when I see it, and what I saw was incredible. How would you like in Starr Records" Austin was blown away. We all were that we managed to scream of excitement. "I'll take that as a yes" "YES!" "Then you have yourself a deal" We start screaming our heads off. "This is awesome" "We always knew this day would come" AND IT DID!

AUSTIN IS GOING TO BE A STAR!