Chapter 10

Damien POV

Flashback 5 years ago

I was in my senior year of college, and held my love's hand, Aaliyah Radford. We've been dating since 2 years, and we were very happy.

As I went into the college, my professor called me to talk to him in the main office.

"Yes, sir?" I asked

"Yes, Damien, I was going to tell you congradulations, boy!" He said. I looked at him with a confused face. He saw my face and laughed. "I am sorry Damien. The principle and I saw your improvement in your studies, and also, you got a job! I am very proud of you, child. I don't even think that you need to finish college. You are free to go, start your career." He said.

I was so happy, I couldn't even express it. I was so excited to tell Dad, Lilly, Mom, and Aaliyah. I went to my classes, telling all my professors, that I won't be in class from now on. I came home, and it was dark. It usually is like this, only if we were going to watch a movie. I went down into the basement, to see Lilly sleeping on Mom and Dad, while the movie was still running. They were watching, Beauty and the Beast, one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.

I crept up behind Mom, and covered her eyes. Dad saw me, and put a finger to my lips, telling him to be quiet. Mom felt my hands.

"Damien!" She yelled so loud, that even Lilly fell on the floor, startled with Mom's sudden reaction.

"Mom!" Lilly yelled, "You didn't have to yell so loud that I had to fall face first on the ground!" She rubbed her eyes, and looked at me. "Damien!?" She gasped. She ran to me and tackled me to the floor with a big hug. "When did you come? Why are you here? Why didn't you go to your dorm? Did you bring anything for me? How about for Mom and Dad? Wh--"

"Hold on, Little Sis, one question at a time." I said.

"Sorry," she apologized.

"Anyways, guess what?" I asked.

"Chicken Butt!" She replied.

"Really?"

"Sorry."

"I got a job!" I exclaimed, "I don't need to go to college anymore!"

Everyone cheered, and was so happy, but there was one thing that was wrong. I was hiding the fact that I was leaving tomorrow. I didn't even tell Lilly that I had a girlfriend, or that I was leaving the next day. That night, knowing that Lilly wouldn't let me leave, I told Mom and Dad that I was leaving the next day, and that I was dating Aaliyah, and planning to marry her. That was the biggest mistake I have ever done. Not telling Lilly anything. I wanted to keep it a surprise, and keep it from her, but I kept it for too long.

Three years passed, and I was not in touch with Lilly. She never sent me her phone number, and she wouldn't talk to me, even if I call Dad. In those three years, Lilly became a model, a very famous one too. Mom passed away, and I didn't go to her funeral, and Aaliyah and I got married. I became a very famous and successful businessman, too. CEO of Maddox Industries.

Two more years passed, Aaliyah and I had two wonderful children, one boy, and one girl. Gia, and Liam, twins. I found out that Lilly and Dad are still living in San Fransico, California, so I decided to go there with Aaliyah and the kids. A friend of mine, Brian Woods, a famous singer, and one of the owners of CamWoods Industry said that he was really good friends of Lilly. With his help, I came to California, and I am here, watching Lilly run away from me.