Chapter 14

Jae POV

I was at the graveyard. One of my friends, died, in a car accident. Apparently, he was driving a car, and another car hit his car. I wasn't there at that time, but this was about two years ago.

I heard that there was a daughter who was driving the car, and she was getting her driver's license, and when the accident happened, the mother died and the daughter survived. That is all I know.

I feel really bad for the people in the other car, but I am really sad that my friend, Jake died.

After saying some words to my lifeless friend, I took a small stroll. I walked into this small forest, and I saw a girl. She was wearing a black dress, and she kneeled in front of a grave.

"Hey Mom," She said, "How is life? I know, you really don't have a life now, but how are you? Mom, I really miss you. Ever since you left me, I went to my photoshoot, I am a really famous model, and I even bought a big mansion." She dug into the pocket of her sweater. A small box.

Wait, I know that voice! Is that... Lilliana?

"Remember this Mom?" She asked.

She stayed there for a while, and then I heard her sniffle. That sniffle slowly turned into a cry, and then a sob.

Hearing her cry was heartbreaking. Hearing her cry made me sad. Her laugh is music to my ears, it's one of my favorite things to hear, but when she cries, she sounds like a little child crying, it's cute, but it makes your heart break.

I quickly ran to her, and kneeled down to hug her. She ever so slightly looked up at me, but she didn't push me away or anything. It just seemed like she really needed a hug. She kept on crying, and I caressed her hair. I shushed her, like how someone would to a crying baby.

Her sobs slowly died down, and turned into sniffles. She marginally pushed me away, and wiped her eyes with a light tint of red. I looked at her, although her hair was in her face.

"Um... Thank you, and sorry." She said.

"Sorry for what, exactly?" I asked her.

"I, um, I made your shirt wet." Her voice trailed off to a whisper. I silently chuckled.

"That's okay, I could wash it later."

Before that, I didn't notice it, but now I do. I realized that there was barely any space between us. I don't know what I was doing, but I thought that it was the right thing to do. I don't know why, but my instinct told me that was a good decision.

I slowly started to lean in and close my eyes, until felt something warm.

Lilliana POV

I was here, in the graveyard, yearning for Mom to come back. I was crying, sobbing, and it would not stop, as much as I tried to.

Then, at that moment, I felt someone hug me. All I knew was that for sure, it was a guy. By the way the body was, the clothes were, and also by the cologne. I looked up, to see who it was, and there was Jae. He caressed my hair for a while, and silently hushed. The thing that made me quiet down was his cologne. It was strong, yet so vulnerable at the same time.

After I stopped crying, I pushed him away, with the least of my power, and wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my sweater. I could feel his eyes looking at me, but I didn't look at him.

"Um... Thank you, and sorry." I said.

"Sorry for what, exactly?" He asked me.

"I, um, I made your shirt wet." I whispered, and blushed. He silently chuckled.

"That's okay, I could wash it later."

I suddenly realized that we were so close. My heart was beating, so fast that if it was in a race, it could outrun a cheetah. I could feel the heat come up my face.

He's coming closer and closer! What should I do? Think fast! I thought.

I just didn't know what to do. I was so nervous! Should I turn my head? No, will kiss me on the cheek. Should I just move out of the way? No, that is rude.

Out of all of these options, I chose one of the best ones that I thought was good. I put my hand in front of my lips, so that the palm of my hand was facing him.

He kissed it, and looked confused at me, since he probably wasn't expecting this to happen. I highly doubt he thought that my hand felt like lips, or else, he would probably be denser than a rock.

I stood up, and sprinted out of the woods. There, I saw Aaliyah! The actual fuck?! She was looking at me, smirking, and giggling like a little child. I just noticed someone behind her. Oh Good Lord, why can't my life get better. Damien, was there. Also smirking, and trying to hold his laughter.

I bit my lip, and blushed, embarrassed. I looked behind me, to see a partially clear view of where Mom's grave was. I could see that Jae was just thinking, about what exactly happened. I could tell he was confused as fuck.

Shit! They saw everything! I thought. Wait, let's not jump to conclusions. What if they didn't see everything.

"Did you guys see everything? From beginning to end?" I asked.

"Since the time Prince Charming came into the picture." Damien said.

I covered my face.

Holy shit! They did see everything!

I covered my face, and looked through my fingers to see. Only my eyes were seen.

We went home, and it was indeed, a very long trip. It was so embarrassing and I blushed so red that my face was a crimson red. I was blushing so much that I think I am on the verge of fainting right now.

God! Why are people teasing me so much? Probably because of that day when we had the food fight and I was teasing Aahilya, and that one time I poured a glass of cold water on his face. I don't know about anyone, but I have school tomorrow.

The thought of school makes me cringe. Jae. That's all I thought about and what happened earlier. That's it.