Chapter 10

I slammed the front door behind me

"Jesus! What did I tell you about slamming that goddamn door?"

That almost made me jump, but I was too achy to do it. I stood there, looking over the living room, finding Ma sitting on the couch. She was crocheting, but I couldn't begin to guess what she was trying to make. The TV was on. Commercial break.

I looked away from the car sales man talking about how everything in the lot had to go and made my way to my bedroom.

"Did you hear me?"

I ignored her. The moment I was safely in my room, with the door shut, I let all the dams I'd been holding up, break down. All the tears of pain, misery, and embarrassment came pouring out. I covered my face with both of my hands. The sobs that wracked through me were silent, yet, they were just as painful.

Thankfully, no one cared enough to check on me. There was no one alive that knew me well enough to know that I was upset. No one knew how much it sucked to be this disgusting person.

I deserved to be beat bloody beyond repair. Matt, Philip, and Roger had every right to be angry that I was following Perrie. Obviously, they knew that I had a thing for her. I guess I hadn't been as sneaky as I thought I was when I was stealing glances her way.

But I hadn't thought that I was being that much of a creep. I didn't know that anyone else could see how repulsive I was or how far I was taking things.

It wasn't as bad as it could have been. They hadn't fucked me up to bad. It was just a little too hard to breathe. That was all.

After standing in front of the door long enough that the heels of my feet started to hurt, I fell onto my bed.

Everything that I'd been holding in came crashing down on my. I smothered my face into my flat pillow, screaming until it felt like my lungs were going to give out. My throat hurt from all the yelling and I didn't exactly feel that much better.

However, it was enough to knock me out. I was already tired from struggling, from fighting against a guy that could have broken me in half, plus the beating that I took from Philip and Roger.

Soon, though not soon enough for me, I was falling asleep again.

But instead of a peaceful dream, a nightmare of Izzy screaming for help greeted me.

***

The next morning, I felt like shit. It wasn't just the nightmare that had prevented me from getting a good nights sleep. My stomach was covered in dark bruises and there was no position I could lay in that didn't put too much pressure on them.

I had to lay on my back, but even then, my body still ached.

My alarm went off and I pulled myself out of bed. I took a steaming hot shower that almost melted the skin right off me. I quickly got dress before looking at myself in the full body mirror on the back of the bathroom door.