Chapter 12

I looked from my hand to the two story house standing in front of me

I looked from my hand to the two story house standing in front of me. Again, I looked at the address. I mouthed the words and yes, it was correct. But when I looked at the house that was supposed to be housing a high school party, I couldn't quite wrap my head around it.

It was quiet. It was still. Honestly, it looked like there was no one inside. However, if I strained just a little, I could hear the murmur of music flowing out into the dark street. The streetlights gave some comforting light though they were so spaced out that they did little to chase away the dark looming shadows that felt like they were going to snatch me right up.

I took a long and shaky breath. My fingertips twitched and I shook them out. A long moment of silence passed as I continued to stare at the house.

Okay.

I took the first step forward. The quick steps after that were easier. My feet were no longer held down by invisible weights. Before I knew it, I was standing on the porch. The music reached my ears now. I could hear people talking, but it was still too quiet for me to make out anything. Someone yelled and laughter erupted.

I rubbed my hands together and then wiped them on my thighs to get rid of the built up sweat. It was normal to be nervous, but I was fidgeting so much that I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. Also, my dick was still aching.

At the thought of said damaged dick, I shifted my weight so that my pants weren't pressing so harshly against it. The damn thing was bandaged up and well protected, but any slight touch caused intense discomfort. I made a face as a sharp pain came from that area. I moved again and tried to relax.

This was a bad idea. There was no "maybe". It was just straight up fact that I had made a bad choice.

Before I had to chance to think about leaving and enjoying a night at home, the door swung open.

Kaylee was in mid-laugh when she opened the door, but the second her eyes fell on me, it dropped. Her eyes got real big, her brows flying upward, and her mouth parting in shock. She quickly recovered, looking me from head to toe, and then frowned.

"Stop stalking her."

My jaw dropped. "I..."

The music sounded like it was getting louder. I could't tell if it actually was or if that was my imagination. Everything felt like it was getting more intense. The laughter, the yells, the look on Kaylee's face, and the pounding of my beat.

It was building to a crescendo when Perrie skipped up to Kaylee's side. She threw her arms around Kaylee's neck, practically jumping onto her back. Her eyes found mine. The lights in her eyes lightened.

"Ian!" She detached herself from Kaylee and came at me like a monkey clambering up a tree.

I was frozen still as she hugged me. I didn't know what to do with my hands so I plastered them to my side. Her hug was tight and friendly. The smell of her perfume engulfed me and while it would have been the best thing to ever happen to me, at that moment while I was sort of in a panicking mode, it was too much. My senses were overloaded with too many things and I felt like I was being drowned with it all.