Chapter 13

The second time I had to drink wasn't as bad

The second time I had to drink wasn't as bad. The tequila still burned my throat and still made me wince though I was expecting it. The five minutes that had to pass were a little awkward as I listened to everyone else talk to each other and have fun. Perrie kept trying to involve me with her and Mitch's conversation, but I didn't know what to say.

It didn't help that Mitch kept looking at me like he wanted to stab me. Which was fair since it might be a little obvious that I liked Perrie. Maybe even liked her a little more than I was even admitting to myself. That wasn't here or there though.

And maybe I wasn't helping the situation either as I glared back. I tried to avoid his eyes, to avoid him in general but it was so freaking hard when every time I looked at Perrie, he was right there, hovering over her shoulder like some demon.

Kaylee thought I was creepy, she obviously hadn't ever seen this part of Mitch. Though I got the feeling that she didn't like Mitch all that much either. She was very protective over Perrie, which was good considering all that has been happening, but she wasn't with Perrie 24/7. She also probably wasn't strong enough to stop the killer from doing what they did best—killing.

"Ian? Did you hear me?"

I blinked, looking over at Perrie. She was staring at me, her head cocked. Mitch was looking as well and I looked at him again even though that was what I was trying not to do. I ground my teeth, my hand tightening on the glass.

"Sorry," I said, giving a small smile so I didn't look like I was angry at her. I hoped I didn't look like I needed to take a shit. "I zoned out."

She laughed like it was actually funny. "I do that all the time."

Mitch leaned forward. His chin rest on Perrie's shoulder. My eyes fell to the spot where they touched. Her sleeve had fallen slightly, showing off more of her collar. His chin was right there, touching her bare skin. I bit the inside of my cheek, holding my breath. I wanted to push him away. I also wanted to cover her up so no one could see what I saw.

And the look on his face made it seem like he knew exactly what he was doing to me. Teasing. Even if it wasn't on purpose, he was reveling in it.

I couldn't decide if it pissed me off more than he was dangling her in front of me like a piece of delicious fruit or that I couldn't do the same to him.

"She wants to play never have I ever while we wait for the couple to finish." A small smirk. So tiny that I could have brushed it off as being a figment of my imagination.

It wasn't though. He was a stark contrast to the person that had been so kind to me that one day.

"Uh..." I knew of the game and I knew how to play, but I'd never actually played it before. "Aren't the questions kinda risqué?"

Perrie nudged me. "That's the point, silly."

A time went off.

"Oh. We'll play after this round."