Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The look on Perrie's face was pure predatory. She sat in the chair beside me, legs crossed and the satin dress high up on her thighs. I took a long drink of the ice water she'd poured for me seconds ago, my eyes falling to her soft naked thighs before I quickly looked away with a blush. I cursed myself in my head, disgusted at the heat building in my abdomen.

Mitch continued to stand at the head of the table. His back was turned to the door, but it looked like he very much wanted to run out of here. It seemed the only thing keeping him routed here was making sure I didn't do anything to Perrie. Which was insulting though I couldn't blame him for being so protective of her. It seemed so different when I thought about how he didn't seem to care that Perrie was going to make out with someone. I guess that was her choice—if someone forced her that was not her choice.

My gut twisted for another reason. My disgust wasn't for myself any longer but for anyone that thought forcing someone was okay.

"I hope yesterday didn't make you uncomfortable," she said while she piled on heaps of food onto a plate. She picked one of each thing and then pushed it in front of me. A bit of icing from a cupcake smeared on her finger. She lifted it to her mouth and licked it off.

My heart skipped.

I looked down, the food blurry in front of me. Without thinking, I picked up something and took a bite. I swallowed it. The ham and swiss sandwich tasted fine though I couldn't really taste anything because my mouth had gone really dry.

Mitch finally pulled out a seat. He slowly sat, watching me and Perrie like he was waiting for me to attack. My mind wandered to last night, when Mitch had been nice, almost caring, when he took me home. I also remembered how Perrie had handled that Wolf spider. A shiver of uneasiness went through me.

Perrie frowned. The look made her look older, less innocent than I knew her to be. She wiped the look off her face once she realized that I was looking at her in a sort of way. She smiled though I knew it was just to save face.

"It did. I'm sorry," she said, putting words in my mouth.

I shook my head though it was a complete lie. She knew it. Mitch knew it. We all knew that I'd been scared out of mind just as I'd been drunk out of my mind.

I kept eating though my stomach said I should stop. The alcohol might have cleared from my system, but I was still sick from a hangover. I kept shoving the sandwich in my mouth. The ham and swiss melded into one—Perrie's eyes on me, her gaze on my lips and then staring into my eyes. She was pleased. The urge to continue to eat won over. My stomach gurgled, I choked, and I kept eating because it was pleasing her.

"Enough." Mitch shoved the sandwich out of my hand. It clattered onto the table. The bread went one way and the inwards went another. The bit that had been in my mouth tumbled to the floor and rolled under Perrie's chair.

Her shoulders sagged as she gave Mitch a fed up look. "Really?"

I gagged. I lurched over the full plate, ready to spill and rejoin the food I'd eaten. Mitch grabbed the back of my shirt and hauled me from the chair.

There was no reason to fight. Nothing came up as I was dragged from the table. Perrie followed us. My feet were lifeless as they trailed across the floor.

"What the Hell has gotten into you?" Perrie looked beyond furious. I didn't know what to equate the look to. All I knew was that it would have made me shiver in fear to my toes if I wasn't fighting off a growing sickness from how much I'd eaten.

Mitch pulled me into the bathroom of the apartment. He turned the light on with his free hand. He was strong enough to hold me up with just one arm without straining a muscle. There was not even a hint of straining on his face. He made it seem like I weighed no more than a feather.