Chapter 11

"Is there anyone who can pick you up?"

The blond nurse stood by the door. She clung to the opening like she couldn't wait to get out of there. But her face did tell that she was somewhat worried about my wellbeing. Though, not enough to spend too much of her precious time worrying about me.

Of course, she wanted to feel less like an asshole, but she had her own life. She couldn't be worrying about every person that came through the hospital.

I gave her a small smile. Big enough that it would soothe some of her worry, but not too big that she thought it was fake. "I can handle it."

Her face dropped just a little. "If you need a ride—"

A beep went off. She looked down at the beeper at her waist. She gave me a sheepish look. "I've got to go. Come get me if you need help."

She was out the door before I could say anything. It wasn't like I had anything to offer her anyway. Her words were an empty promise. She wasn't expecting for me to find her. And I didn't even think that it was a true offer.

I let out a sigh as I limped over to the chair in the corner of the room. I was trying hard not to think about the reason why I was limping and also how big the medical bill was going to be.

There was a small bag—a plastic one that the hospital had put all my clothes in. Someone had been nice enough to send me a change of clothes since there was no one else that could bring me anything. Ma was hopefully safe at home and hadn't noticed my disappearances.

This was the only time that I was actually glad that she might forget that I even existed.

As I grabbed the bag I thought about Perrie. Hopefully she was safe as well.

I'd been in the hospital for two days. Thankfully, no permanent damage had been done, but it had been too painful to pee. I winced as I remember just how awful it had felt to have the catheter pulled out. It was a battle to say which had hurt more—the catheter or having the circulation almost cut off from my dick?

I ground my teeth as I limped toward the door. No one glanced my way. Since I was an adult I had been able to sign myself out. Though, since I was an adult the bill was going to be in my name.

Fucking hell. I wasn't even out of high school and I was going to have a massive fucking debt attached to my name.

The walk back home was long. The hospital was on the other side of the city. The limp I was forced to walk with slowed me down and made the long walk feel ever longer.

I hissed as I stumbled on a chunk missing from the sidewalk and my thigh rubbed against my sore dick. My legs stopped and I froze there. There was no one around. It was just me. I took the time to close my eyes and breathe slowly to get past the pain.

The time that I had spent in the hospital bed doing nothing but suffering, I used to come up with vivid images of what I would do to the assholes that had done this to me. It would never be enough to combat the humiliation and torment. And it wasn't like it was ever going to happen. They weren't going to get punished for this. Even if I spilled my guts and outed them, what would I do then?