4

Amber POV*

I am pissed that he just took it upon himself to take my car. Im not showing the emotion because my son would ask me whats wrong and my brother would try to do something about it. He to big for my brother. Plus he is crazy. I do not want anything happening to my brother. I would die if anything happen to him. Anyway everybody gone. Im in here by my self so let me get some sleep.

Anthony POV*

Im meeting up with that girl. She told me her name was Meleeyah. She wanted to talk but not over the phone. I told her to come to my house to talk but she dont have a car so im going to her house. Thats where im on my way too now. I dropped my daughter off to her mother.

As i followed the gps to the girl house , i went deeper and deeper into the hood. Im not a hood type of person so this shit new to me. My mom raised us in the white people area. Well only one thing. I went to a primarily white school while Amber didnt. Well her elementary school was primarily white but not middle and high. Her school was still in the area but it was ghetto.

Anyway i pulled up to an apartment building that look like project homes. I think she gave me the wrong address or something because this not right. I called her phone and i waited for her to answer. "Hello" she said as she answered.

"You sure you gave me the correct address?" i asked. She was silent for a min.

"I gave you the correct address" she said. "You outside?"

"Yes"

"I will come out"

"Ighh" i said. We hung up and got out the car. I seen a pretty girl hit the corner. Please tell me thats her. I had my fingers crossed. She looked in my direction and started walking this way.

"Hey , Anthony?" She said coming up to me. I just looked at her and then it came to me.

"I remember you" i said with a smile.

"Can we go for a ride or walk?" She said with a idk. It looked like she wanted to smile but it just wasnt happening.

"Why not just go inside ya house?" I asked. She started looking embarrassed.

"I-i dont have any electricity and im packing to go to a shelter in a few days"

"I dont mind any of that" i said. "We can open the window for light and make space for a seat"

"I guess" she said. I followed her to her apartment.

We got to her apartment and she opened the windows for light. We didnt have to move anything because the couch was clear. We sat on the couch and started talking. "Why is a pretty girl like you living an environment like this?" I asked.

"I really cant afford to stay anywhere" she said. "I barely can afford this"

"You have a job"

"Yes i just started last night at the club ya sister work at"

"You dance?"

"No , i sing and for extra cash i clean"

"O ighh"

"But im pregnant so im not gonna be able to work for long"

"Pregnant?"

"Yes i just found out"

"You going through the struggle"