Chapter 2- Spider-Man In Signal

As Peter was enjoying his honey pancakes, a rat Faunus came up to him and flirted, "Hey, Petey. Are those pancakes as sweet as me?" Peter sighed, "Jenny... Why am I not surprised?" Jenny Vermin was one of Ursula's waitresses. She developed feelings for Peter after he saved her from being smuggled out of Vale and bringing her to Ursula for a home and job. Ursula playfully scolded, "Jenny, no flirting on the job!" Jenny sighed and left while saying, "Until next time, Petey." Peter sighed as Ursula said, "She likes you Peter, can you not accept it?" Peter replied, "I really don't share the same feelings for her." Changing the subject, Ursula said, "I saw what happened in the news today. Never would have thought that you would save Mr. Schnee's life." Peter said, "I have a responsibility to help people even if their opinions of me or any other Faunus are negative." Ursula agreed, "Don't let that responsibility go. Usually there are those who wish to use abilities like yours to their own use." Peter replied, "If you're talking about the White Fang, then don't worry. Uncle Ben told me all about them using violence and fear to make themselves equal." Ursula nodded, "Jenny was almost tempted into going with them. She is like a daughter to me and I would be heartbroken if Jenny went down that path." Jenny came into the conversation and said, "Don't worry, Ursula. I won't join them. This is my home and I want to stay with you, forever." Ursula smiled at that as Peter got up and paid for the pancakes. "See ya when I can," said Peter as he turned to leave and the two waved goodbye. Peter arrived at Signal Academy to Reed Richards' Advanced Science class. Reed's semblance was the stretching of his body. Together they have been working on how to use nanotechnology to create suits. The reason why Peter wanted to do this is because he was getting kind of tired of switching from clothes to costume. He figured that it was both time consuming and annoying since one day when Peter was changing from his suit to his clothes and accidentally fell into a dumpster. Peter was stinky from gym class to combat class. "Seriously though, Dr. Richards," said Peter one time. "I was called 'Stinky Pete' for crying out loud. It took me at least four showers to get the stink off." Reed could only grin with amusement at that. Now Reed almost perfected the process of using nanotechnology to morph into suits. "Is it done and ready?" asked Peter as they entered the laboratory. "Yes," answered Reed. He then grabbed a watch as he explained, "With a push of the button on this watch, the nanobots will immediately transform into a suit over your clothes." Peter widened his eyes with amazement as he asked, "Ooo. Can I have the watch now?" Reed shook his head as he replied, "They haven't been tested yet, so no." Peter protested, "Come on, I thought you were Mr. Fantastic!" Reed rolled his eyes as a blond haired woman went inside and smiled, "Hey, Reed. You're not so busy tonight, are you?" Reed replied, "N-no. Not a-at all, Susan." Peter almost smirked. Three years Reed Richards and Susan Storm have been dating and he still stutters every time she is here. "I've been thinking Reed," said Susan. "Would you like to go to my place for dinner?" Reed nodded as Susan smiled and kissed him on the cheek. Peter cleared his throat. "You know I'm still here, right?" Susan giggled as Reed sighed. She turned to see Peter and greeted, "Hey, Peter. Did you and Reed finish that project you were working on?" Peter nodded, "Yeah and Mr. Fantastic won't let me have the watch." Reed reminded, "Because it hasn't been tested yet." "About we field test it then?" asked Peter. Reed shook his head and replied, "I don't exactly support the use of field testing and you should know that by now." Susan crossed her arms. "Reed." Then the final bell rang. "I'm closing up shop, Peter," said Reed. "We'll continue this discussion tomorrow." Defeated, Peter left the room. Reed and Susan turned to see the watch, but saw that it was missing. "What the-" exclaimed Reed. "That Parker.." Reed was about to go after the spider Faunus, but Susan stopped him. "Let him go," said Susan. "He's about to get his graduation diploma today and it's a big day not only for him, but every graduating student in Signal." Reed sighed, "Fine, but only this once. Next time, if you're not around, Peter isn't going off easy." Susan giggled as she leaned forward to kiss him.

Peter walked down the hallway as he carried his new watch on his wrist. He waited in line as he waited for his graduation diploma. Peter grinned as he saw his uncle and aunt waved at him. "And now I present this diploma to Peter Benjamin Parker," said the headmaster. "Congratulations." Peter gladly took it as he and the headmaster shook hands while their picture was being taken. Peter walked down as Aunt May came over for a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Aunt May, you're embarrassing me," reminded Peter. Uncle Ben chuckled as Aunt May gave him a look and said, "I will show you how much I'm proud of you even if we are in public." Peter shook his head as Uncle Ben put an arm on his shoulder and said, "I'm proud of ya, Pete. You know that, right?" Peter nodded, "Yeah, I know."

Peter came to his locker to fetch a few things and put them in his satchel. "Excuse me," said a young girl's voice behind him. "Are you Peter Parker?" Peter turned to see the girl and smiled. It was his fellow classmate Ruby Rose. With her was Ruby's older sister Yang Xiao Long. "Hey," said Peter. "Are you thinking about applying to Beacon?" asked Yang. Peter shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe. It's all just one big step for me. I'm not sure if I want to." Yang replied, "You probably should. Okay, you maybe lacking a weapon, but your combat skills are extraordinary." Peter pondered at that. 'If only they knew the truth behind my skills,' thought Peter. "I'll talk to my aunt and uncle about it," said Peter. He closed the locker as he waved goodbye to Ruby and Yang. As he got out of Signal, he ducked into a corner as he glanced at his watch with a smile.

As soon as Peter was in his new suit, Spider-Man swung out on his way to his home.