Chapter 28- One Is The Loneliest Number

The High Evolutionary and Doctor Ram analyzed this morning's news on the television. Whitney Chang reported, "As we can see here underneath this highway, we have proof of the rumors about aliens in Vale. Witnesses say that Spider-Man and his team fought against this with known huntsman Sergei Kravinoff, alias Kraven the Hunter, and local hero Green Goblin. This has been Whitney Chang of Daily Bugle Live. Back to the studio." It then switched to the studio where J. Jonah Jameson was ranting, "Spider-Man Is Clearly In League With These Aliens! According to what eyewitnesses say, two of them have the same powers of Spider-Man. Could it be possible that Spider-Man is an alien himself?! Or worse their leader?! The Daily Bugle paper is willing to offer an award for the capture of Spider-Man!" Doctor Ram rewinded back to Whitney Chang's report and paused it when the camera showed the dead Synoptic Queen's corpse. "It's now official," commented Doctor Ram. "Now the public knows of the aliens' existence." The High Evolutionary nodded, "I believe Venom and Carnage called them the Synoptic." Doctor Ram asked, "Why are you interested in these aliens? They are plotting to take over Remnant." The High Evolutionary answered, "These aliens have a powerful will to fight for their survival and prosperity. An interesting will that I find appealing. Something in their genetics might have something that could be the missing link to the Bestial project." Then he pressed a button on the intercom and said, "Lord Tyger, I have need of your services." Then a tiger Faunus wearing futuristic knight armor entered the room. "What is it, master?" asked Lord Tyger. The High Evolutionary ordered, "I need for you to go to Vale and get me the Venom symbiote." Lord Tyger asked, "How do I separate the symbiote from its host?" Doctor Ram answered, "According to my recent studies, the symbiote is vulnerable to sonic sounds. Which is why I made you this." He held out a sonic resonator as he added, "This device will force the symbiote from its host." Lord Tyger nodded as he takes it and asked, "Which one is the one who calls himself Venom?" Doctor Ram typed in a surveillance video of Venom and Carnage and pointed to the ink black monster. Lord Tyger nods as he puts on his masked helmet and gets on his horse like speeder bike and flew off with robots following him. Doctor Ram asked, "Master, do you think Lord Tyger will need the Machine Men?" The High Evolutionary answered, "Only as a last resort."

Venus Deterzo and Nightingale were prom dress shopping, Johnny Gallo was on his way to rent a suit, and Spider-Man was swinging around Vale fighting crime. Most of the criminals he caught were stealing from ATM machines and robbing dust shops of their lien. Spider-Man was happy that this was his last patrol as he thought, 'Not only do I get to borrow Uncle Ben's suit tonight, but I'm also going to dance with my girlfriend Venus. I'm so excited, what could go wrong now?' Then Spider-Man landed next to a gargoyle he calls "Bruce." He said, "Well, tonight's the big night, Bruce. Got any advice for me?" The gargoyle doesn't reply. "What do you mean you want the bad news, Bruce?" asked Spider-Man exasperated. "Tonight is a very special night for me." Bruce said nothing. "Okay," sighed Spider-Man. "If you want bad news, fine. Nightingale is having an argument with her mother, Blake is refusing to come at tonight's dance, and Venom and Carnage are still out there planning who knows what. Happy?" Spider-Man could've sworn he saw Bruce smirk at him. Spider-Man muttered, "You're a real treat, you know that? Geez I don't know why I even bother with you, Bruce." Then he shook his head as he spotted Venom running on top of a building. "Venom? Without Carnage?" asked Spider-Man to himself. "Dumb without dumber? Thought those two were tied together at the symbiote." He looked at Bruce as he said, "Wish me luck, Bruce." Then Spider-Man swung away.

Spider-Man swung toward Venom as he called, "Oh, Venny. Come out come out wherever-" That was then Venom punched him in the face. Spider-Man grunted as he fell back but Venom flowed out his hand and caught him. "We just love running into old friends," smirked Venom. Spider-Man thought, 'Forgot Venom doesn't trigger my spider sense. Well, time to hit the old sonics.' A few tentacles from Venom's arm blocked the sonic button as Spider-Man thought bitterly, 'So much for using my secret weapon.' Then Venom began swinging Spider-Man as he taunted, "You should've joined us, Anti-Synoptic. We know you always thought of yourself as a real swinger." Then Venom let go of Spider-Man as he went flying. Spider-Man hit the roof of an abandoned church as he fell down through and hit the floor. He instantly got buried as he thought, 'Can't do it... can't do it.' Spider-Man reasserted himself as he thought, 'Gotta do it! Make it to the dance with Venus!' Spider-Man crawled himself out of the pile as climbed out of the building.

Venom flowed down to an alleyway as he looked around to see if he was safe from his pursuers and Spider-Man. Venom was too late to react when Lord Tyger and his Machine Men cornered him. Lord Tyger blasted the sonic resonator at Venom who shrieked in pain. Then the Venom symbiote was beginning to separate from its host.

Spider-Man muttered, "That human wrecking ball stunt fried my sonics." Then Spider-Man heard Venom's anguished screams. 'Venom?' thought Spider-Man. 'Sounds like he's in pain.' Then he sees a somebody in knight armor riding a strange looking bike with a few robots following him. 'Guess that spells something bad,' thought Spider-Man as he swung down the alley only to find a man laying down their in his blue boxers. Not just any man. "Eddie Brock?" asked Spider-Man to himself.