Chapter 8- Initiation Part 3

When Spider-Man and Venus got finished taking their chess pieces, Blake asked, "Did that girl ride on an Ursa?" Yang started, "I...-" Suddenly a screech was heard and everyone saw a red haired girl getting chased by a Death Stalker. "Jaune!" called the girl. "Pyrrha!" called Jaune back still stuck on the tree. Nightingale and Ricochet came into the scene as the turquoise skinned girl paused as she said, "Another hive mind Grimm." She turned to Spider-Man and walked up to him. He turned to see Nightingale as she looked at him and Venus came over and said, "Hey, new friend! Sorry, but this boy's taken. But let's not get that in the way of our friendship. I'm Venus, and what's your name?" The white hooded girl replied, "Our name is Nightingale, and we are aware that you two have formed a relationship. But the reason why I am looking at him is because he is like them, but different." Spider-Man asked, "What do you mean?" Nightingale answered, "We and Jonathan Gallo have encountered hive minded Grimm. You are the antithesis of them, and they wish for you to be destroyed." Peter asked, "You mean me being an 'Anti-Synoptic'?" Nightingale nodded but Yang yelled out, "I can't take it anymore! Can everyone just chill out for two seconds before something crazy happens again?!" Spider-Man thought, 'Great. She's in one of those moods.' Spider-Man then looked up to see Weiss Schnee on a Nevermore and she was falling down. Then Jaune leaped off to rescue Weiss, but the two of them fell down at once with him falling flat on his face while she landed while sitting on his back. "My hero," quipped Weiss sarcastically. Jaune groaned, "My back." Pyrrha was still getting chased by the Death Stalker. Spider-Man could hear the Death Stalker chanting, "Death to all who intrude the Synoptic!" Pyrrha fell in front of the first year students as Yang said sarcastically, "Great! The gang's all here! Now we can die together!" Ruby declared, "Not if I can help it!" She ran toward the Death Stalker as Yang called, "Ruby, wait!" Ruby fires her weapon and charges at the Death Stalker. The Grimm swipes Ruby away and she gets knocked back. Ruby slowly got back up and reassures, "D-Do-Don't worry! Totally fine!" That didn't stop Yang from running toward her. Ruby ran toward them but a Nevermore flies above them and shoots out sharp feathers at them. The Nevermore called, "Death goes to all who oppose the Synoptic!" Spider-Man heard those words as he looked in dread as Yang was trapped by feathers and Ruby's cape was stuck by a feather. Luckily Weiss quickly came to the scene and froze the Death Stalker's tail before it could strike at Ruby. Spider-Man sighed in relief as Yang came over to hug Ruby. "No! Our Queen will not be denied! We will be freed to destroy the intruders of the nest!" bellowed the Death Stalker as it tried to free itself from its icy restraint. Spider-Man turned to see Nightingale and asked, "Is it weird enough that I can hear what the Death Stalker is saying?" Nightingale shrugged as Pyrrha asked, "You can understand the Grimm?" Spider-Man shrugged, "Kinda sorta. Except this kind of Grimm keep talking about queens, nests, and they keep calling me 'Anti-Synoptic'." Ren guessed, "Must be some new kind of Grimm." Nightingale added, "Or maybe something else. Where did you find that symbiotic Death Stalker?" Pyrrha pointed where she was running and answered, "A cave with ancient looking drawings." Venus asked Nightingale, "Are we going to find more tentacled Grimm?" Nightingale answered, "If that is our mission, then the four of us must find the cause behind these symbiotic Grimm and destroy them." Ricochet smiled under his mask, "I'm game." Spider-Man said, "All right, but before the rest of us go, Nightingale and Gallo need to pick an artifact." Ricochet said, "Just Ricochet when I'm in costume." Nightingale and Ricochet nodded as they joined the other students in collecting chess pieces. Like Spider-Man and Venus, they chose the knight pieces. Once they got done, the four ran toward where Pyrrha pointed as they headed for the cave.

Meanwhile, another Nevermore with a Synoptic hive mind saw the four from the air and reported, "The Anti-Synoptic and three others are on their way to the nest!" The Queen bellowed, "Protect your queen! Your queen commands you! Do not allow the Anti-Synoptic to enter the nest!"