Chapter 10- Team SVRN

(A/N: SVRN=saffron)

Peter Parker woke up the next morning and got up off of the bed. He saw Johnny and Nightingale dressed in their school uniforms but no sign of Venus. Then that's when the Chimera cat Faunus pounced on him and wrapped her arms and legs on him. "Is every morning going to be like this?" asked Peter. Venus giggled, "Yep." Johnny chuckled, "Well, we would've woken you up but you looked so peaceful when you were asleep." Peter sighed as he got off the bed and Venus let him go. He put his uniform on as Venus kissed his cheek. "So, team leader," said Venus. "What's the first order of business?" Nightingale spoke, "Our suggestion is organizing all of our things. Then discuss about our classes." Everyone agreed as they began going through their things. Nightingale had her mystic books, cloaks, and her meditation supplies. Johnny had his clothes and comic books. Venus had her clothes, MP3 player, and a ball of yarn. She smiled at Peter as she showed him a container of catnip. He shook his head as he looked through his things. Finally everyone was done settling in their dorm. "All right, now that done," announced Peter. "First things first is classes. Now, at nine A.M. we have to..." Nightingale interrupted, "Wait a minute, did you say nine A.M.?" Peter answered, "Yeah, why?" Nightingale replied, "It's five minutes before nine." Venus widen her eyes as she suddenly sped away. The rest of them ran out after her as they exclaimed, "Venus, wait for us!" They were also getting followed by Teams RWBY and JNPR.

"Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!" ranted Professor Port. The room was in silence. Venus was sitting next to Peter arm in arm while Johnny and Nightingale were sitting next to each other. No one was laughing at his attempt of a joke. Instead he continued, Port continued, "Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses..." He winked at Yang, who groaned uncomfortably. Port continued on, "Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!" A random student exclaims as he stood up and shot a fist up in the air. He then sat back down embarrassed. Port said, "That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy..." Peter tried his best to pay attention but Venus was making it very difficult as she scooted on closer. Johnny was reading a comic book he snuck with him as Nightingale was clearly paying attention but could sense the feeling of boredom others were feeling. "...Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. 'Peter', he told me..." continued Port. Venus rubbed her head on Peter's sleeve as she purred. He smiled as he liked it when she purred. Nightingale then peered at Johnny's comic book. The title was called Alien. Port then cleared his throat until everyone gives him their attention again. Port continues on, "In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero!" Johnny noticed Nightingale and whispered, "What's wrong, never seen a comic book before?" Nightingale answered, "We've never grown around to read what you call comic books. The only thing we have ever read our mystical books about harnessing emotions, sensing them, and healing. Our mother expected a lot from us. Eventually we were soon enrolled into Beacon Academy by Professor Ozpin." Johnny asked, "Have you ever been outside of all of it before?" Nightingale admitted, "Once. And we were made fun of because of our appearance. We wanted to explore the excitement and adventure of the world could bring. We had no friends and only found comfort in our room." A single tear went down her smooth turquoise cheek as Johnny wiped it off. He assured, "Hey, you got me, Pete, and Venus as your friends." Nightingale smiled, "Thank you, Jonathan." Port then asked, "So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?" Weiss angrily declared, "I do, sir!" Port chuckled, "Well, then, let's find out!" Weiss got changed into her battle uniform. Johnny turned to Venus and asked, "What was he saying?" Venus replied in her best Professor Port impression, "A true huntsman must be wise, dependable, strategic, well-educated, and wise!" Johnny chuckled, "Thanks." Peter looked at her as she giggled.

The creature snarled in its cage. "Goooo, Weiss!" cheered Yang, raising her fist. "Fight well!" encouraged Blake waving a small flag. Ruby cheered, "Yeah, represent teeeeam RWWBY!" Weiss lowered her sword and looked at Ruby annoyed. "Ruby! I'm trying to concentrate!" Ruby looked sheepish as she apologized, "Oh, um... Sorry..." Port announced, "Allllright! Let the match... begin!" He swung down his ask and let a Grimm Boarbatusk out. It immediately charged at Weiss and she uses Myrtenaster to deflect its attack and roll to the side, readying herself for its next move. The Grimm and Weiss kept their distance from each other as the Boarbatusk began studying her. Port chortled, "Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you?" Ruby cheered, "Hang in there, Weiss!" Weiss dashed toward the Grimm while sticking her sword in the creature's skull. The sword got stuck in the Boarbatusk's tusks. Weiss hung on her weapon as she gets tossed around while trying to get her Myrtenaster out. Port admired, "Bold, new approach. I like it!" Ruby exclaimed, "Come on, Weiss, show it who's boss!" Weiss turned to glare at Ruby and the Boarbatusk suddenly ripped the sword from her grip as it threw the weapon aside while knocking her back. Port pondered aloud, "Oh-ho! Now what will you do without your weapon?" Weiss looked up just in time for the incoming Boarbatusk charging toward her again. She rolled away as the Grimm crashed into a desk. Weiss rushed back to her sword and slid down to get it back into her hand. Ruby called out, "Weiss! Go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-" Weiss looked at Ruby and snapped, "Stop telling me what to do!" Ruby looked hurt at Weiss' rebuttal. The Boarbatusk leaped into the air and rolled itself into a ball. It sped itself toward Weiss but she activates one of her blue-white circles and blocks the roll. Weiss then leaped up into the now-black snowflake symbol and turning it blue again so she can drive the blade into the Boarbatusk's stomach, killing it. She gasped with relief as Port applauded, "Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true Huntress-in-training!" Weiss stood up straight as Ruby still frowned. Port concluded, "I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings, and... stay vigilant! Class dismissed!" Weiss glared and storms off.