Chapter 21- Neogenic Nightmare Part 3

The Punisher was driving in his van grumbling to himself of how he lost the chance of taking out Man Spider. He smirked that he managed to put a tracking device on Man Spider's leg as it got away. This time Punisher is going to get the drop on Man Spider.

Venus Deterzo, Ricochet, and Nightingale regrouped with Sergei Kravinoff. "All right, I have our friend's trail. Calypso will meet us there. Now let's go!" ordered Sergei. The four went on their way.

Man Spider was swinging around until it saw four girls that looked vaguely similar. But how?

"Excuse me," said a young girl's voice behind him. "Are you Peter Parker?" Peter turned to see the girl and smiled. It was his fellow classmate Ruby Rose.

Man Spider landed on the side of a building as it spotted a van. It web swung away but the van was driving in after him. The Punisher smirked, "Nowhere you can hide now, monster." Unfortunately the signal got scrambled. Punisher asked in surprise, "What the?" Man Spider eventually found itself in an abandoned building with a man in a bowler hat, two girls, and a boy. Then Man Spider landed between them as he roared. The man yelled, "What the hell is that thing?" The Man Spider turned to him and growled.

The man looked up to face Ruby and Spider-Man as he said, "Well, Red, Spider-Man, I think we can all say it's been an eventful evening, and as much as I'd love to stick around..." Then Spider-Man's spider sense started flaring up as the man held cane up and points it like a gun. Then Spider-Man realized the cane is actually a gun! "...I'm afraid this is where we part ways," smirked the man.

Cinder turned to Mercury as she said, "We're going to have a serious discussion about this." He chuckled nervously as Emerald glared, "I blame you for this." The Man Spider roared again as Roman Torchwick grabbed his cane and blasted at it. He missed and he shot a hole on the roof. Man Spider grabbed Torchwick and threw him at the three. It spat out acid as the four decided to retreat. The Man Spider roared as it sensed the Punisher's van coming. It covered the entire building with webs. Man Spider then jumped out and noticed the van driving by. Punisher then noticed an alarm blaring as Man Spider landed on the hood roaring. The van swerved into a ditch as the Man Spider leaped off. The van fell onto its side and Punisher dragged himself out of the van. The van exploded causing him to fly off the ground for a moment. Punisher fell on his stomach and tried to get back up as Man Spider walked toward him, growling. Punisher then pulled out a handgun but Man Spider batted it aside with one of its fists. He tried to crawl away but Man Spider grabbed him high in the air as it weaved webs on Punisher. Man Spider roared in victory as lightning flashed in the sky.

Sergei Kravinoff, Venus Deterzo, Ricochet, Nightingale, and Dr. Maria Crawford eventually found the Man Spider's new hideout. Ricochet said, "It could be a trap." Nightingale reminded, "Trap or not, we must save our friend and leader." Sergei nodded, "Aye, but the best thing we can do is to spring it." Maria said, "If Man Spider is anything like an ordinary spider, it will react to anything that vibrates its web." Venus nodded, "Let's do this." They entered the building quietly and carefully as possible. Maria noticed something as she pointed, "Over there." It was a figure trapped upside down in a web cocoon. Sergei cut the figure as he fell on the floor. Sergei bend down to carefully sliced the webs off the figure's face revealing to the Punisher. Sergei whispered, "Shh. It would be best to work together, yes?" The Punisher nodded as Sergei cut the webs off of him as the Punisher joined in with them. Then he touched one of the dangling web lines as Sergei exclaimed, "No! Do not vibrate the web!" It was already too late as Man Spider swung toward them as he roared. It slammed its fists on Sergei and Ricochet as Venus wrapped her whip around Man Spider's chest as she said, "Tiger, I don't want to hurt you, but I will if it means taking your medicine!" She tried to pull her mutated boyfriend away from Sergei and Ricochet but couldn't. Man Spider grabbed the both of them as they struggled. Punisher then slammed his body against Man Spider making it let go of them as Sergei slammed his body on it. Man Spider grabbed Venus' whip from its body and threw it aside. Then Sergei said Punisher slammed both of their bodies at Man Spider who went dazed. Suddenly Punisher shot an electric field at Man Spider who roared in pain. Nightingale could feel the hurt Man Spider was feeling as Venus cried, "Tiger!" Sergei gritted, "Do not hurt him!" Punisher scoffed, "Oh, I'm not gonna hurt him. I'm gonna end his existence so Vale will never hear of his crimes ever again." Sergei put him into a headlock as Punisher took out a grenade. He threatened, "Forget it. I go out we all go out and we'll all be in the news." Maria said, "Sergei, let him go!" Punisher looked at Maria and asked, "Who are you?" Sergei let go as Maria explained, "My name is Doctor Maria Crawford, and that creature is our friend. He needs my help." She pointed to the Man Spider still roaring in pain. "Sorry," scoffed Punisher. "Not my fault you keep lousy company." Maria insisted, "They say on the television that you hunt criminals to avenge the loss of your family. Don't you know that no matter what you do, you'll never get them back?" Punisher was at a loss for words as Man Spider fell down flat on the ground. Maria continued, "This person has a disease. He's a victim, just as you and wife and children were victims. The only monster here is you." Frank Castle Sr. looked at his grenade as he puts it away and asked, "I'm listening. What do you want me to do?" Maria took out a syringe as she replied, "I need to administer this cure. I need you and Sergei to hold him down." Sergei and Frank held Man Spider down as Maria quickly administered the cure. "There, it's done," said Maria. Sergei and Frank let go as Venus asked, "Will it work?" Maria answered, "It has to." Four of Man Spider's arms shrunk down into his sides as it started to slowly transform back into Peter Parker. Peter groaned as he transformed back to normal. He dazedly looked up to see his friends, Sergei, Maria, Frank, and finally Frank's skull on his chest. Peter panicked as Maria assured, "Easy Peter, this man helped save you." Peter moaned, "I feel like I woke up from a nightmare." Venus was overjoyed as she pounced on top of him and slammed her soft lips on his. Peter could tell Venus clearly missed him. She finally let go as she helped him get back up. Sergei held an arm around Maria and smiled, "Well Calypso, you've done it again." Peter remembered who Calypso was and smiled tiredly, "I guess you're my Calypso, too." Nightingale turned to Frank and said, "Franklin, if it is any consolation for you, Peter is not behind the kidnappings and has not terrorized anyone." Frank nodded, "Based on what happened tonight, I'm willing to believe anything." Sergei instructed, "Let him rest. I'll call the Fantastic Four, see if they fix your suit." Frank smiled as he left for home.

Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm, better known as the Human Torch and Thing, entered the webbed building. They see Peter Parker with his damaged suit and his teammates. "Hey, Spidey," chuckled the Human Torch. "Looks like you had quite the weekend." Thing scowled, "Okay, Pete. Stretcho says to put the nanobots back into the watch and give it to us so he can fix it." Peter replied, "I've got nothing under the suit, what am I supposed to wear?" Human Torch gave him a spare FF suit and a paper bag. Peter took the damage suit off and reluctantly changed into the FF suit but asked, "What's the paper bag for?" Then Johnny Storm took the bag, put two holes on it, and put it over Peter's head. He laughed, "Here he is, the Bombastic Bagman!" Peter frowned, "I hate you so much, Flame Brain." Venus giggled as she hugged his side.

" Venus giggled as she hugged his side