Chapter 6- Initiation

Peter Parker and Venus Deterzo went to their lockers and much to their surprise, they were next to each other. Venus giggled at Peter's reaction. She got her bullwhip and wrapped it around her chest. "So the whole thing about teammates," said Peter. "Do you think we'll become teammates?" Venus was checking her makeup as she replied, "I certainly hope so. I mean, who wouldn't partner up with Spider-Man?" Peter shrugged, "I wonder who else will be in our team?"

Nightingale was preparing herself until Ricochet came to her. "What do you want?" asked Nightingale. Ricochet replied, "Two things. One, why do you refer yourself as 'we', 'our', and 'us'? And two, you wanna team up with me?" Nightingale answered, "The first answer to your question is this: it is a part of our semblance. Many of our female ancestors were named Nightingale before us and they all power our semblance. We can sense emotion from the people we are close to and telekinetically create our weapon the Nightingale Bow." Ricochet was speechless as Nightingale smiled, "As for teaming up, we will let fate decide. Who knows, we might team up."

Every first year student lined up as they stood on a square on a cliff side. "For years, you have trained to become warriors. And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest," said Ozpin to the students. Glynda pitched in, "Now, I'm sure many of you have heard about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... Today." Peter looked at Venus, who winked flirtatiously at him. Glynda tried her best to restrain herself from lashing at Peter and questioning if he did something to her niece. Ozpin stepped in and continued, "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years." "See? I told you!" said Nora to Lie. "After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way," instructed Ozpin. Nightingale touched the side of her head and closed her eyes. "We sense... negative emotions," said Nightingale. "Envy, sadness, loneliness, and hatred." Ozpin warned, "Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die." Peter thought, 'My spider sense will let me know if anything comes up to attack me.' Ozpin informed, "You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation. But our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one, and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?" Peter activated his watch as the nanobots flowed around his body, creating his suit. Venus widened her eyes in amazement as she whispered, "Cool." A blond guy responded, "Yeah, um, sir.." Ozpin interrupted, "Good! Now take your positions." Everyone got ready but the blond guy said, "Uh, sir? I've got, um, a question." Then Weiss was launched off. "So, this landing strategy thing, uh, w-what is it? You're, like,  dropping us off or something?" asked the guy. Ozpin answered plainly, "No. You will be falling." Everyone else started launching and Venus giggled and looked at Spider-Man as she said flirtatiously, "Hope to see you there~" Then she was launched off of the cliff as Spider-Man was launched off as well. He dove down toward the forest as he spun a web at a branch and began web slinging. Then Spider-Man finally stopped as landed on the ground. He cautiously walked around as he thought, 'My spider sense will alert me if any Grimm will attack.' Then his spider sense flared up as he did a back handspring as a Beowolf flew over him and landed on the ground. The Beowolf snarled at Spider-Man as the circled around. Then Spider-Man heard a voice in his head. "You.... the Anti-Synoptic.... must... die..." Spider-Man's eyes nearly bugged out as he asked, "Did you just say something to me? A Beowolf?" The Beowolf snarled, "Anti-Synoptic... must... die..." The Beowolf lunged at him but Spider-Man dodged it as he stuck onto a tree. "I don't know what an 'Anti-Synoptic' is, Rover, but I'm putting you into the doghouse!" quipped Spider-Man. The Beowolf screeched as black tentacles with sharp boned ends came out of its back. 'Beowolves can't do that, can they?' thought Spider-Man. The tentacled Beowolf lunged at him as Spider-Man jumped on the ground as he spun webs to tangle the Beowolf and yanked it down. "We... will destroy... the Anti-Synoptic... So says our queen!" roared the Beowolf. It ripped off the webs from its body as it shot a bone spike at Spider-Man. He dodged it as he shot a web line at it in the air and flung it through the Beowolf's throat. The Grimm fell down on the ground dead. "Whoa," said Spider-Man to himself. "Ozpin has some explaining to do, if there are any explanation whatsoever." Then a familiar Chimera cat Faunus girl jumped on Spider-Man's back as she cheered, "Yay, I found you!!" Spider-Man smiled under his mask as he sighed, "Oh, Venus." Then Venus Deterzo kissed his cheek and giggled.