Chapter 14- Where Evil Nests

Two White Fang members were standing watch as one of their dust robberies was in progress. Then one of them heard something. He asked alarmed, "What was that?" The other asked, "What was what?" The first answered, "I heard something." Then he heard it again. "There it is again!" exclaimed the first member. The second one heard it this time. "What do you think it is?" asked the first member. The second member replied, "I'm betting something not human or Faunus. Let's go check it out." They set out to go search for it until they were stopped by a black and blue goo and a red and black goo. Both formed into Venom and Carnage. The White Fang members panicked as they turned and ran. Carnage flowed over their heads and stopped them where they were. "S-S-Stay back," stammered the second White Fang member. "You can't leave now, man," laughed Carnage. He took two spores off of himself as he added, "Not without your door prize, man. HAHAHAHAHA!!!" He placed them on the two as they screamed as tendrils wrapped around them and started growling fangs and claws. The two White Fang members stopped screaming as their expressions turned blank. "See?" sneered Venom. "It's not so bad. No more fear or pain. Just a desire to do what the Synoptic tells you to do." Carnage turned to Venom and said, "Well, that was fun, man. We can't wait to release more spores." Venom reminded, "Before we go into that, we're only lucky there's still a few Synoptic Queens still alive. In order for our plan to work, we need enough hosts to take out Beacon Academy and the Anti-Synoptic." Carnage asked, "We already knows where he lives. Why not kill him now, man?" Venom sneered, "Don't worry, there'll be time for that." Carnage grinned maniacally as he laughed evilly.

At the Beacon library, Team SVRN looked at the latest Daily Bugle paper as Peter read, "People Mysteriously Disappeared! Spider-Man Responsible?" Johnny scoffed, "That's complete nonsense." Nightingale analyzed the headline, "This J. Jonah Jameson is so quick to blame you, Peter." Venus looked at the picture below the headline and smiled, "I have to hand it to Velvet, she always gets your good side." She wrapped her arms around Peter's neck and kissed his cheek. "You think the Synoptic maybe involved?" asked Peter. "Didn't we destroy their nest at the Emerald Forest?" asked Johnny. Nightingale reminded, "It could be possible. The Synoptic have been dormant underground Remnant for an unspecified time." Peter put the paper down as he stood up and Venus asked, "So what's the plan, team leader?" Peter looked at his teammates as he answered, "We're gonna get to the bottom of this. After we finish our classes, we'll meet up at Ursula's to discuss further details, okay?" Everyone nodded as the bell rang and they all went to their classes.

Team SVRN met up at Ursula's as Jenny served them coffee and left as the team began to discuss their plan. Peter began, "Okay, Venus and I will check the north and west side of Vale while Johnny and Nightingale check south and east side. If anyone sees anything, immediately call us to their position. Questions?" Johnny asked, "Yeah, what exactly do you mean 'anything'?" Peter answered, "Synoptic, bad guys that might attack us." Johnny nodded, "Got it." Then Johnny gave Peter a smirk. Peter asked, "What?" Johnny answered, "Oh, nothing. Figured this splitting up means you get to spend time with your girlfriend." Peter blushed as Venus giggled. Peter replied, "No, it's just that, at initiation Ozpin said the first person we see are partners." Nightingale smiled, "You do share a point, but we have to remind you all that time is of the essence." Everyone agreed as they finished their coffee and headed out of the restaurant.

Spider-Man and Venus Deterzo swung around the northern part of Vale as they searched for anything suspicious. They finally stopped as Venus pulled out her scroll and said, "Nothing on the north. How's everything going on your end?" Ricochet replied, "Nothing here, either. Nightingale and I are on our way to the east." Spider-Man nodded, "All right. Venus and I are on our way to the west." Venus put away her scroll as she smiled and looked at Spider-Man. She then grabbed him and pointed her finger on his covered mouth. "Knock knock," giggled Venus. "The kissing train wants to go through the tunnel." Spider-Man blushed under his mask as he nodded and mentally commanded nanobots on his mouth to flow away from his covered lips. Venus giggled again as she pressed her lips on Peter's mouth. She released as she sighed, "Oh, I've missed this." Spider-Man frowned, "The more you kiss me, the more I'm going to not like you a little less." Venus pouted, "Oh, don't love me a little less! I'm your wittle kitty!" Venus gave Peter a cute pouty look as he sighed, "All right, all right. I love you a lot." Venus cheered, "Yay!" She hugged him tightly and showed no signs of letting go. Spider-Man said, "Venus, let go." Venus replied, "No. I'm staying like this all night. You'll have to carry me." Spider-Man shook his head until his scroll rang. He took it out and saw it was Ruby Rose. Spider-Man answered, "Ruby? What is it?" Then there was fast talking as Spider-Man said, "Slow down, what's wrong?" Ruby calmed down as she explained, "Weiss is gone! Something green got her and dragged her into the sewer!" Venus' ears pricked up as she let go as Spider-Man assured, "Don't worry, we'll find her." He then called Ricochet and Nightingale, "Venus and I got a report that Weiss Schnee got nabbed into the sewers by something green." Nightingale replied, "We'll meet you at the sewer lid nearest to Ursula's." Then Spider-Man's spider sense flared up as Venus screamed, "Look out!" Spider-Man quickly turned around to see a bomb looking like a pumpkin heading straight toward them. They scattered away from the pumpkin bomb as they got ready for battle.