Chapter 7- Initiation Part 2

Spider-Man and Venus Deterzo were talking about the tentacled Beowolf that Spider-Man faced. "I've heard Grimm shooting bone spikes but growing tentacles and talking in your head, that's new," said Venus in disbelief. Spider-Man added, "It also kept calling me 'Anti-Synobtic' for some reason. And it mentioned having a queen." Venus asked, "So we got bug brained Grimm in the Emerald Forest? Great." Spider-Man speculated, "If there's a queen, there must be nest somewhere. I wonder if any of our fellow first year students encountered any of them?"

Nightingale and Ricochet met up with one another and they had already faced an entire pack of tentacled Beowolves. Nightingale looked closely at one of them as Ricochet asked, "What is it, Nightingale?" She responded, "These Beowolves have the same emotions as an ordinary Grimm has, but these particular ones seem.... different. It's nothing like we've sensed before." Ricochet asked, "How do they seem different?" Nightingale answered, "These ones seem to drive on with a hive mind." Ricochet asked, "What, like bees?" Nightingale nodded, "Yes, and we must find the nest and destroy the queen before these.... symbiotic Grimm take over the Emerald Forest and invest the Academy." Ricochet muttered, "Sounds like too much just for initiation, don't you think?" Nightingale turned to see him and gave him a cold glare. "For once, will you put your smugness aside and stop thinking about yourself for once?" berated Nightingale. "Being a huntsman means defending those who cannot defend themselves. Fighting against the creatures of Grimm continues our era of peace and you treat it like a game! So stop being the arrogant child you are behaving like and help us pass initiation." She walked off leaving Ricochet speechless as he soon caught up with her.

Spider-Man and Venus found a temple with chess pieces. Yang and Blake were also there. Yang looked at both Blake and Venus as she found they looked alike. "Are you two sisters?" asked Yang. Blake answered, "No. I would most definitely remember being sisters with this childish girl." Venus snapped, "At least I know how to have a good time while you act all grumpy all the time!" The two girls glared at each other as Yang picked them causing them to yelp. "What is with you two?" asked Yang. Venus crossed her arms and pouted. Blake said, "We're opposites of one another. She never takes anything seriously and rather views the world as a game." Venus said, "I can't help it! I'm an adventurous cat who's ready to take on anything! You always tried to tell me to stop embracing my cat side, but I am my cat side! I can take things seriously when I need to!" Venus turned her head to the side as she fumed. Blake looked sorrowful as she apologized, "I'm sorry, Venus." Venus sighed, "It's okay. I know you're just looking out for me." Yang sets them down as she asked, "How did you two ever meet?" Venus replied, "When I stopped a beauty company from selling a toxic beauty cream to the market. I was watching a news report about it and I went on the rooftops listening to my favorite singer Natasha Schnieder when I met up with her." She then smiled, "We kinda became frenemies after I won a rooftop race." Blake reminded, "I was trying to tell you about your carelessness about getting noticed in the media." Venus smiled, "You know I'm not big on staying in the shadows. I'm more like into the light." Yang widened her eyes as she remarked, "Wow, you two are like polar opposites." Spider-Man said, "Now that we're all friends, how about we get some artifacts for Ozpin." Everyone agreed as they went to the temple.

A giant Death Stalker was in a cave guarding what appeared to be a nest of green pods and the queen. Two first year students entered the cave as the queen commanded the Death Stalker, "Defend the nest from the two intruders! Your queen commands it!" The Death Stalker hissed, "As you wish, my queen." The scorpion like Grimm lured one of the students to its glowing stinger and he tried to pull it off, thinking it was an artifact. Then he was faced by the Death Stalker, who hissed, "Intruders of the Synoptic will perish." Though the blond haired boy could not hear the Death Stalker's thoughts, he screamed in horror. The second student who was a red haired girl and wearing bronze armor ran out of the cave with the blond boy screaming.

The four students heard a scream as Yang said alarmed, "Some girl's in trouble!" Then they heard Ruby calling, "Heads up!" To everyone's surprise, the blond boy collided with Ruby. They both hit a tree. Poor Ruby looked dizzy as she was seeing baby Beowolves. The blond boy was stuck on a branch. "Whoa," said Venus. "Could today get any weirder?" Blake asked Yang, "Did your sister just fall from the sky?" Yang started, "I..-" Then they heard a growl and trees falling as the group saw an incoming Ursa. The Grimm stopped short as it fell down from an explosion on its back. "Yeehaw!" called Nora as she rode the Ursa. Nora got of the Ursa as she got off and pouted, "Awww. It's broken." Ren said breathlessly, "Nora? Please... don't ever do that again." Nora ran pass the four as she spotted a golden rook chess piece. She picked it up as she sang, "I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!" Ren scolded, "Nora!" Nora smiled, "Coming, Ren!" Spider-Man and Venus then took their turn to find a chess piece. Spider-Man took the knight piece as Venus showed him another knight piece. She hugged his side again as she giggled, "I guess I'm your warrior princess and you're my Spyder-Knight~" Spider-Man sighed, "Oh, Venus."