Chapter 29- One Is The Loneliest Number Part 2

Spider-Man peered down to see Eddie Brock in the alleyway as he thought, 'Eddie Brock? But how? Eddie Brock and his symbiotic soulmate Venom are Splitsville? No way!' Then Spider-Man remembered, 'The first time I have ever seen a symbiote was when Venom and Carnage were under the sewers a couple months ago kidnapping innocent people to serve the Synoptic. Venom revealed himself to be Eddie Brock, a petty photographer who used false pictures of me to the Daily Bugle to make me look bad. Eventually Jameson found out and fired him. Who knows where the symbiote came from, but I do know this. The symbiote gave Brock my powers somehow. The symbiote had overtaken Brock's mind over the months. No telling what he has been through. He might not even know my name like symbiote does.' Eddie woke up as he yelled, "Parker! You did this to me!" Spider-Man thought, 'Or maybe he does.' Eddie angrily tried to strangle Spider-Man. "Hey!" protested Spider-Man. "I'm trying to help you, you big jerk! And I felt sorry for you? Venom's very existence threatens me and Remnant." Eventually Spider-Man overpowered Eddie as he passed out. "You're on your own, Eddie," scoffed Spider-Man. But Spider-Man stopped himself as he said, "But you're not Venom, are you? You're a human being. And one who needs help." Spider-Man walked over to Eddie as he added, "And I know just where to get it."

Venus Deterzo was trying on a new dress in the changing room as Nightingale asked, "Venus, are you done? Your mother and aunt wish to see you." Venus nodded, "Okay." Before she got out, Venus heard her scroll ringing. She opened it up and saw it was Peter. "Hey babe," smiled Venus. "What's up?" Peter replied, "I'm on my way back to Beacon to see Dr. Crawford with someone." Venus asked, "Who is that 'someone'?" Peter answered, "Eddie Brock." Venus' eyes widened as she asked, "What?" That caught the attention of her mother. Minerva asked, "Something wrong, honey?" Venus lied, "Oh, nothing mom! I'm almost done putting this on." Minerva replied, "Okay, hon." Venus nervously chuckled and then whispered to her scroll, "Whatever is going on, this better not ruin our dance. Got it?" Peter answered, "Yes, Venus." Venus giggled, "Then I'll see you tonight~" She put away her scroll as she got out of the changing room and showed the three her dress. Minerva and Glynda gushed with joy as Nightingale smiled.

At the water pumping station, Carnage had already turned the main pumping room into a fully established Synoptic nest. The workers were put under control of fully grown Synoptics and luckily were evolved enough to hide their alien features thanks to Venom and Carnage. Some Synoptic eggs were still growing in pods. But the nest was still incomplete without a Queen. Venom promised to find a female host soon while Carnage took care of the Synoptic hatchlings including the Queen hatchling. "Grow, young ones," said Carnage. "We're building you a cozy new home. We've redecorated the entire place, man. Sustenance, humidity, organic fertilizer. Soon you'll be big and strong." Suddenly Carnage sensed something as he exclaimed, "No!" He clutched the sides of his head as he yelled, "You can't contain us! What have you done with our brother Venom?!"

Doctor Maria Crawford looked at Eddie Brock as he sweated excessively and clenched his teeth. Eddie was in a hospital bed restrained. She checked his vitals as she said with shock, "I've never seen readings like this before." Peter asked, "What's wrong?" Maria answered, "This young man has been detached from a symbiotic organism that has deeply affected his body. A really extreme case of cancer. One I cannot treat. I can recommend a few other doctors, but they will not make it in time. And time is something he does not have. If he is not reunited with his symbiote, he will die." Maria sighed deeply, "I'm sorry, Peter. I have to go." She walked out as Peter walked over to Eddie. "Parker," gasped Eddie. "Do something. Help me!" Peter said, "The doctor says you need the symbiote to live." Eddie replied, "Then go get it! Don't forget that I can tell the whole world of who Spider-Man is!" Peter smirked, "You really know how to appeal to a guy, don't you?" Eddie shuddered, "I-I need my symbiote back, Parker!" Peter replied, "Let's get something straight, Brock. I like you even less than you like me. As far as I'm concerned, you should be locked up in a cell in the bottom of the ocean. But I can't sit back and watch a man die. Not even you, Eddie. I'll do what I'll can, and then hate myself in the morning." He walked to a window and activated his suit from his watch. "Hurry," said Eddie. Spider-Man climbed to the window and swung away. Unbeknownst to them, Venus was hearing the whole thing. Venus whispered, "Just hurry back, tiger. For both our sakes."

Carnage was in a rampage. Wrecking things, screaming, and nearly killing innocents. "Where is Venom?!!" yelled Carnage. "Give us what we want, flesh bags! He was here! We know it!" General James Ironwood and his Atlesian soldiers were trying their best to bring Carnage down but had no luck. Ironwood blasted a hole in Carnage from his revolver but Carnage instantly regenerated it. Carnage laughed at Ironwood's attempt. "What was that supposed to do?" taunted Carnage. "Kill us?" Ironwood's eyes widened as Carnage wrapped tendrils around him and yanked him toward him. "Where is Venom?!" demanded Carnage. Ironwood answered, "I don't know!" Carnage snarled as his other hand turned into a sharp bone bladed sword with red and black goo surrounding it. Then one of Spider-Man's spider darts shot down and it sliced Carnage's hold on Ironwood. Spider-Man landed on the side of a building and spun a web line around Carnage. Spider-Man pulled him toward the building as he quipped, "How about a timeout, Carny?" Carnage chuckled darkly as he flowed out the web and crawled up. "You! Anti-Synoptic!" yelled Carnage. "You've hated us from the beginning! What have you done with Venom?!" Spider-Man shrugged, "Maybe he's going out for that new hairdo he always wanted!" Carnage shot four tendrils at him but Spider-Man dodged it. He began to swing away as he said, "You take the lower road! I'm moving up high!" Carnage laughed as he shot a bone dagger that cut Spider-Man's web. Spider-Man fell down to the subway as Carnage followed and demanded, "Where is Venom?! Where did you take our other self?" Spider-Man replied, "Wherever he is, I bet the conversation is better. How about we say, literature?" Carnage snapped, "We want Venom!" Carnage turned to see several civilians and wrapped several tendrils around them along with Spider-Man. Carnage put Spider-Man in the tunnel for the trains. "Carnage, no!" exclaimed Spider-Man. "This isn't their fight!" Carnage smirked, "You're right, it isn't. So tell us what we want to know or they will be punished!" Suddenly a train started to head toward Spider-Man as he fumed, "Just my luck."