Sapphire is Captured

Sapphire starred out the window at the falling snow. She was mesmerized by the white wonderland outside. She brought her finger to the glass and drew swirls on the window.

(Two days earlier)

"Sir, this girl has some sort of relationship with the ninja." Viceroy held up a picture of Sapphire.

"What gives you this idea?" McFist asked.

"She ran after the ninja after we captured him, clinging onto our dragon." Viceroy explained.

"Then I want her now!" The Sorcerer yelled. "If she's our only lead on who the ninja is, we need to get her as soon as possible."

"Right away." Viceroy picked up the remote, and press the red button on it.

The next thing everyone could hear is the dragon roaring loudly.

"Come on, Dygno. Lets go get that girl." Viceroy said to the dragon named Dygno.

The dragon's outer color changed to an orange and its eyes changed from an orange to a blood red; all of its wounds healed as well.

(Current time)

Sapphire rested her arms in the window seal, and laid her head in her arms. Her eyes slowly closed, and she adjusted her head slightly. Her blanket laid over her comfortably.

Suddenly a ball of snow hit her widow, scaring her; making her fall off her bed. Her blanket fell over top of her. She jumped up, and glared down at Randy and Howard who threw the snow ball. She opened her window, and stuck her head out of it.

"What do you want?!" She yelled from her bedroom, that was on the second floor.

"Its winter break, are you gonna spend all of it indoors?" Randy asked.

"That was my intention." Sapphire looked down at the two boys.

Randy waved his arm, gesturing for her to come outside. She sighed and shut her window. She walked down the stairs, and grabbed her light blue coat. She slipped it on, and walked through the front door. She looked around, trying to find the two boys.

"Hey, Sapphire!" She turned around to get snow thrown in her face.

"Oh that's it." She smiled for the first time, and threw snow at Howard who laughed.

Randy tapped her shoulder, she turned around and shoved snow in his face, as he did to her. Sapphire grinned at the boy.

"Hey, I've never seen you smile before." Randy laughed.

Sapphire scolded again, and turned away from Randy. "It was a pity smile." She stated.

"You have pity for us, or yourself?" Howard ran up to her.

She looked at Howard and snickered.

"Why do I even try with you people?" Sapphire walked back up to her front door.

"I don't think so." Randy grabbed her arm and pulled her into a pile of snow with him. "I finally get you outside, there's no way I'm letting you go back in that easily." Randy smiled.

Sapphire's face flushed pink, and pushed herself out of his grip. When she stood up, Howard tackled her into the snow. Howard and Randy both laughed. She shook the snow off her face, she looked up at the two boys. She giggled a little, and formed a ball of snow and threw it at Howard.

"Best snow ball fight ever." Howard said sitting on the couch in Randy's room.

All three of the teenagers sat in Randy's room, wrapped in blankets, drinking hot chocolate.

"Though, I thought I'd never see this side of Sapphire." Randy smiled looking at her.

She looked away from the boys.

"OK, so what's up with you?" Randy asked out of no where.

"If I told you, you'd look at me in a completely different way." Sapphire didn't look at the boys.

"Can you at least try?" Howard asked.

Sapphire looked over at Randy and Howard. She sighed, "Alright." She turned herself to look at the two boys. "You see, I act like I do because I don't want to be hurt. I act tough because, I wasn't able to protect what I loved a long time ago."

~"Mommy, mommy look what I can do." The 11 year old Sapphire tried to do a cart wheel.

"That's very nice sweet heart." Her mother smiled. 

"I'm getting good at it huh?" Sapphire sat up at the counter as her mom cooked dinner.

"Yes you are." Her mother said warmly. "No why don't you go out in the snow and play."

"OK." Sapphire slipped on her coat and ran outside.

As she opened the door she saw a tall man who glared at the little girl as she ran out. She ran into a pile of snow. The man stood there for a minute starring at the girl, and opened the front door of the house.

Sapphire starred building a fourt with the snow when she heard a scream from inside the house. She ran up to the house, and opened the door.

"Mom? Mom where are you." She searched the house for her mother.

She walked into the kitchen, and gasped when she found her mother dead; with the man standing over top of her. Sapphire's eyes filled with tears.

The man looked over at Sapphire and walked towards her.

"No, leave me alone!" Sapphire screamed as she ran away. 

The man grabbed the hood of her coat, and held her off the ground. The man helf the knife up to her throat.

"Stop it!" Sapphire screamed.

Out of no where the ninja appeared and kicked the man down, catching Sapphire. The ninja put her down, and faced the man.

The man stood up and charged the ninja, and the ninja grabbed the man by his throat. The ninja jumped, and landed bringing his down to the ground. The ninja pulled out his sword and pointed it at the man.

"If you want to live, leave here and never return. If you do, I'll be waiting with my sword." The ninja threatened.

The man nodded his head, and ran out of the house. He left the house cold and still.~

"That's why I don't smile, the reason I try to be serious. I never know when that man will return. I also want to protect the ninja because he protected me. I owe him my life." Sapphire starred at the ground.

"You don't have to worry about that man coming back. You have us to protect you, and you don't need to protect me." Randy said.

"Protect you?" Sapphire asked.

"Um, I mean. You don't need to protect the ninja. He's lasted 800 years on his own, I'm sure he'll be fine."Randy covered.

Sapphire looked up at Randy.

"Plus, we're your family now." Randy smiled.

Howard pulled Randy up to him. "I never agreed to this." Howard whispered in his ear.

"Get over it." Randy pushed Howard away.

Sapphire grinned slightly. She stood up. "I'm going to step outside for a moment."

Sapphire walked out the front door, and shut it behind her. She walked out to the side walk, and took a deep breath.

She heard a roar in the distance, she jerked her head around. She gasped as the dragon sprayed sleeping gas. Sapphire held her breath, and ran back up to the house, but was knocked away by the draon's paw.

Sapphire held her throat, she eventually gasped for air making herself unconscious. 

"Wake up!" McFist shocked the sleeping girl with a tazer.

She woke up screaming. Sapphire was completely tied up to a chair. McFist stopped shocking her, and she hung her head panting.

She looked up at him with one eye open. "What do you want with me?" Sapphire panted.

"The ninja."