The Power Within

"What're you guys talking about out here?" Sapphire asked making Randy and Emerald jump.

"N-nothing." Randy stuttered.

"Emerald?" Sapphire asked.

Sapphire glared at Emerald, making Emerald worry. He remained silent, and began to sweat out of pressure. Randy whistled and walked over to me; walking past me and back into the cave, closing the door.

"I-I-I-" Emerald stuttered as Sapphire walked up to him.

"You told him didn't you?" Sapphire asked with a sad look on her face.

Emerald gave her a sorrowful look. He wrapped his arms around her, and held her tight. "I just want to keep you safe." Emerald whispered.

Sapphire let her arms hang as he hugged her, not responding at all. She clenched her teeth, and tightly closed her eyes. 

"I thought I had escaped that. I thought I left that all at the academy." She cracked.

"I just needed to warn him, just in case it breaks loose. You don't want to hurt him, do you?" Emerald continued holding Sapphire.

"No, not again." Sapphire had a tear rolling down her face.

"Exactly."

Sapphire clenched Emerald's white t-shirt under his light blue button up shirt. She dug her head in his chest. Emerald rested his lips on her forehead as he held the back of her head.

Randy opened the door, and peaked through the small crack he made. He saw the two teenagers holding each other in the cold. Randy put a sad look on his face, and closed the door softly.

Sapphire wrapped her arms around Emerald even tighter. Emerald smirked with his lips on her head. They both sat down, resting themselves on the railing. Emerald held his arm around her comforting her.

After about 20 minutes, Sapphire was sound asleep; resting her head on Emerald's shoulder. He picked her up and carried her back inside. He walked past Randy and Howard who were playing cards at the table.

"Got any 2's?" Howard asked.

"Wait, I thought we were playing BS." Randy asked.

"You don't even know how to play BS." How rested his elbow on the table.

"Shut up." Randy said.

Randy noticed Emerald carrying Sapphire in is arms. He walked into Sapphire's room and laid her on her bed. He covered her with her blanket, and walked out of the room. When he walked out of the room running into Randy. Randy glared at him.

"Just friends huh?" Randy frowned,

"Yeah, why?" Emerald closed the door behind him.

"That didn't look like just friends." Randy said.

"Hey, being a friend means comforting them when they need it. And you'll do what ever it takes to do so. It's amazing what a kiss on the forehead can do." Emerald walked past Randy.

"I guess you're right." Randy looked down.

"I know I'm right." Emerald said before disappearing into his room.

'The dude is helpful and all, but he can be a real bastard.' Randy thought.

Randy walked back out and rejoined Howard. He picked up his cards and shuffled them around a bit.

"Now back to what we were doing." Howard began. "Got any 4's?"

"You looked at my cards didn't you?" Randy leaded over the table, resting on one arm.