The Tale of Two Ninja

"Sapphire?!" Randy asked in shock.

"OK you got me." Sapphire stood up. "I'm the shinobi."

"Wait, I thought there was only one ninja. How is it that you're a ninja?" Randy asked.

"Do you even read the Nomicon? Do you even look at the things other than the messages it give you? Have you even read the legends in there?" Sapphire asked.

"Well, I-" Randy began.

"Exactly, so you wouldn't know why I'm here." Sapphire said.

"Are you going to tell me?" Randy took of the ninja suit.

"The Tale of Two Ninja; is the most known legend in the ninja realm, and Avon."

"Ninja realm, Avon? What are these places?" Randy asked.

"The ninja realm is where all the ninja alumni live. Everyone that helps the ninja is recruited there. And Avon, oh Avon, Avon is my home. Where I came from. Avon is where shinobi in training come from. Only one is selected out of the hundreds of thousands trained. Though, I believe the only reason I was chosen was probably because-" Sapphire cut herself off. "Never mind, but that's what the ninja realm, and Avon is."

"Any way back to the legend." Randy sat down in the snow, as well as Sapphire.

"Right. As you know, Norisville has been protected for 800 years by the ninja. And every 4 years a new warrior is chosen. But what you don't know is that every 100 years 2 warriors are chosen; the ninja, and the already trained shinobi." Sapphire explained.

"Why is that?" Randy asked.

"Because every 100 years the sorcerer's power is at its peak. Even the smallest attack can cause him to escape. So, we either are here to keep the Sorcerer from escaping, or to fight the Sorcerer if he does escape. The ninja and the shinobi were never supposed to know each other's identity. Though it would seem that, that didn't work out." Sapphire explained.

"What happens after the 100 years?" Randy asked.

"The Sorcerer's power goes back down. that's when he attacks more often, but it weak." Sapphire looked up at Randy.

"So that's the tale of the two ninja, huh?" Randy fiddled his fingers.

"Yes." Sapphire stood up. "Now that you know who I am, I want you to come and live with me." Sapphire said.

Randy blushed. "Listen Sapphire, I'm flattered, but-"

"Not like that. You see there's a place on the mountain for the ninja, the shinobi, and their allies to live until the year ends. This is a special place where the ninja and the shinobi can train and go into their secret form when ever they want. What do you say? Will you come?" Sapphire put her hand out.

"Can Howard come?" Randy asked.

"I guess." Sapphire stood there.

"Fine, I'll come."

************************

"Welcome, to Mount Frost." Sapphire said as she stepped into the cave.

"What's so great about this place? Its just a cave." Howard said.

"That's what you think." Sapphire scrapped the snow off the wall, making a door appear on the wall.

Sapphire opened the door to another cave with torches on the walls, and doors on each side.

"Go on, go pick out a room. Just keep in mind that I have one of my allies coming this after noon." Sapphire said.

"Who is it?" Randy asked.