Randy Shows his True Colors

*****Warning: Colorful language in this chapter!!!*****

Randy healed and heal Sapphire. But no luck came to him. She laid dead on the cold ground; a blood stream stained her cheek. Randy held her tight, crying over her dead shoulder. 

Emerald lowered himself from the sky and returned to his normal human state. He chuckled, walked over to Randy.

"Why do you care about a demon like her. She's just a mear stepping stone. A monster. I did this world a favor by killing her." Emerald  Randy's hair.

"Shut the hell up, you bastard." Randy growled.

"Eh?" Emerald pulled his hand away.

"I said," Randy put Sapphire on the ground, and stood up to face Emerald. "SHUT THE HELL UP!!!" Randy threw a punch at Emerald's face, giving him a black eye, and a bloody nose with ease

Randy held his fist down to his side, his hand stained with the deep color of Emerald's blood. Randy panted with tears running down his face.

"Fine, if it makes you feel any better. You can beat me til your heart's content." Emeald held his arms to his sides.

Randy wasted no time in taking up Emerald's offer. Randy punched Emerald in the face again, and again. Emerald took the blows and backed away with every punch. Emerald fell over and Randy panted, and cried with his eyes tightly shut. His fists were stained even more with Emerald's blood.

"I told you, when I get out of that cage, I'd kill you." Randy choked.

He grabbed Emerald's collar and lifted him off the ground. He threw him to the ground, making Emerald spit up blood.

Randy screamed in agony. "It's not working!" He fell to his knees, clenching his head; he looked to the ground. "It's not working!!"

Emerald sat up off the ground. He grabbed Randy by his neck, and held back his own fist. "Now, it's my turn."

He punched Randy square in the face, hard enough to send him flying. He hit the ground rolling fast enough he cracked a small boulder.

Dust surrounded Randy; Emerald walked through the dust and grabbed Randy again. 

"I can guarantee, this is going to hurt you, way more than it'll hurt me." Emerald held his fist back again.

"You damned bastard." Randy choked.

(Sapphire's soul in her point of view)

I looked around the black darkness, finding the light of a fire. Next to the fire sat a figure. I walked over to it, and sat next to the fire.

"Nice of you to join me, Sapphire." The person said to me.

I know that voice. I looked up, "Mom?" I asked.

She looked down at me with her brown eyes. "You're a little young to be here, don't you think?" She smiled. 

"I was reckless, so I ended up here." I sat up.

"Reckless? How?" She brushed my hair behind my ear. "It's only reckless if you show no fear. Were you scared about fighting Emerald?"

"Of course, I wanted to protect Randy." I said.

"You blushed whenever you said his name, what's up with that?" She asked. "I thought you loved Emerald. Then he kissed you and-"

"When Emerald kissed me, I didn't feel what I had hoped it would feel like." I rubbed my arms. "I liked him, yes, but, When Randy entered my life I didn't even want him there. But, the more time I spent with him, the more I grew to enjoy his company. And I guess, maybe..." I cut myself off from saying it. I felt embarrassed to say it.