The Letter

Draco's P.O.V

The autumn wind was blowing through the window and into my room. My room was a huge room, but it looked a little bit smaller because of the colour of the wall.

But that doesn't matter.

Today is my birthday...

The year that I'll be turning 11. The year that i'll get accepted to Hogwarts.... only the best magic school of all time for any wizard of any age.

I hurried off towards my wardrobe and got into my daily black and grey shaded turtleneck, shirt, and trousers. I ran down the stairs straight out the door and checked the mail box. Sure enough, there was a letter for Mum, Dad and Me.

I checked eagerly where my letter was sent from and who sent it. I couldn't find who sent it, but the two first sentence showed me that it was from the one and only, Dumbledore. The Headmaster of Hogwarts.

Mr D. Malfoy
The Largest Room In The House

A smile crept onto my face as I walked into the kitchen.

"So happy this morning eh, dear?" My mother asked from her seat. She was sipping tea and my father ignores me as he reads his Daily Prophet

I sat down on my chair and my mum placed a plate of pancake in front of me. I placed the letters on the table and start eating my pancake. My mother makes the best pancake anyone would ever taste, even if i really, really, really hate them. 

"Oh look Lucius! A letter from Fudge! I wonder what he had sent us this time." My mother said and my father put down his newspaper immediately at the name.

He glanced around the room unhappily, until his eyes landed on the letter in my hands. He stares up at me as the end of his lips curl up into a little small smile that was barely noticeable (which is a very rare thing) making me smirk a little bit. I know I've just impressed my father, and that's a really hard thing to acheive.

"Draco, let me see the letter." My father said in a monotone tone as if he didn't care.

"Yes father." I said in a barely audible voice as I handed him the letter.

"Give that to me." My father said reaching his hand out. I placed the letter onto his hand and waited for him to say something.

"Narcissa ..." He spoke slowly "You might want to take a look at this Narcissa."

My mother quickly stood up from her chair and hurried to my father's side. She snatched the letter out of his hands. I watched as my mother's face turn paler than she already was in happiness. "My son, Draco Malfoy is accepted in the best Wizarding school! We're so proud of you son, we truly are!" She shouted happily. "We have to get packing! We have to buy you things and all that. We have to get going!"

"Relax Narcissa! We still have a really long time before we actually have to send our son away. But we're proud of you son. We really are." My father said cooly as he walked up to pat me on the back. I haven't have that pat since I killed the neighbour's stupid old cat few years ago. 

I couldn't wait for my first day at Hogwarts. It's going to be amazing. I hope i get sort into the Slytherin. Imagine if I got sorted into the Hufflepuff! That'd be terrible. They're the last houses that I actually want to be in. They had no fame nor any spotlight, I've heard.

After breakfast, My father went back to reading his newsletter, my mother got Dobby to clean the dishes. It'll be just like everyday, until of course, I start my very first semester at Hogwarts. I took the letter I received then went back up the stairs into my room.