The Way In

Clarissa's P.O.V

"Oh sorry, Weasley, didn't see you there." Draco retorted, "Wonder how long Potter's going to stay on his broom this time? Anyone want to bet? What about you, Weasley?"

Ron didn't make any of his "smart" comebacks. Instead, he just sat there quietly, pretending as if he was actually paying attention to the Quidditch Game.

A couple minutes later, Draco decides to open his mouth again. I honestly don't know why he keeps making fun of other houses. I just don't get it. Is it really enjoyable to make fun of someone?

"You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team?" He paused for a moment as if waiting for a reply from one of us, "It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money - you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains."

I immediately turned to face Neville, hoping to stop him from crying, but he wasn't. His face turned into a shade of bright red, and I have to be honest, he looked quite adorable like that. Neville turned around to face Malfoy. His voice confident, his back straightened and everything.

"I'm worth twelve of you, Malfoy." He stammered. Okay, maybe not fully confident, but far more confident than I had ever seen him.

Crabbe and Goyle started howling with laughter, but of course, under the instruction of Draco.

"You tell him, Neville." I heard Ron mumble through all the laughter that was covering all over us. It was quite loud to be honest, I wished he'd quickly shut up, I mean I do enjoy watching Quidditch games.

"Longbottom, if brains were gold you'd be poorer than Weasley, and that's saying something." Draco says, making Neville shake a little.

"Ignore him, ignore him, ignore him." I repeat over and over as I drew circles on his back, I don't know if it works but that's what my mother always do to me when I am feeling down or something.

Obviously, Ron feels the needs as well to stand up for Neville.

"I'm warning you, Malfoy - one more word -"

"Ron!" Hermione called out suddenly, making me jump. " Harry -!"

Without warning, the game had finished, Harry had caught the snitch and the crowd was going crazy, including me.

"You're in luck, Weasley, Potter's obviously spotted some money on the ground!" Malfoy said out of anger.

And before you know it, Ron was already on top of Malfoy wrestling him. Neville, surprisingly, joined in.

* * *

"Did it feel good?" I giggled as I put some ice on a bruise on Ron's left shoulder blade.

"Really good, do you know how long I've been wanting to do that?" Ron laughed along.

"It is absolutely not funny at all!" Hermione said, trying to keep a straight face, but obviously failing.

"Ah, we all know you enjoy some excitement once in a while. Besides, it was you who cheered on Ron and Neville when you found out that they were tackling Draco. Only when Snape came, did you pretend to be responsible." I pointed out.

"C'mon, let's get going, the feast is about to start." Ron said, standing up.

"Yeah, lemme just put this in the broom shed first, I'll meet you guys there!" Harry said good bye and headed out.

* * *

It's been a while since Harry left us and we were all full, and walking back to the common room when we bumped into Harry.