Knights, Spells and Potions

Clarissa's P.O.V

        We all took position. Ron as the Knight, Harry as the Bishop, Hermione as the Castle, and I'm taking the place of the Queen. I didn't like being in a big position, I tried trading with Ron, but Ron insisted me to take the big position because he said that 'I'd be a better chessman than them.'

        "What now?" Harry asked, look over the pieces blocking his view, from his position.

        "Well, white always plays first in chess," said Ron, and looked past the horse the blocks, "Yes ... look ... "

        A white pawn moved forward two square. 

        Ron started to direct the black pieces.

*        *        *

        "We're nearly there ... let me think ... let me think ..." Ron  muttered.

        Then suddenly, the Whit Queen turns to face him.

        "Yes, it's the only way ... " Ron said softly.

        "No, you don't possibly mean that. You can't ... Ron ... There must be another way that we can do this." I said starting to tearing up.

        Seeing my friend unconscious is a horrible fate, I can't do that.

        "What do you mean? What are we suppose to? What did he want to do?" Harry asked turning to look at me.

        "I have to take myself out ..." Ron spoke solemnly.

        "NO!" Hermione and Harry shouted in unison. 

        "That's chess! You've got to make some sacrifices! I'll make my move and she'll take me – that leaves you free to checkmate the king, Harry!"

        "But –"

        "Do you want to stop Snape or not?"

        "Ron –"

        "Look, if you don't hurry up, he'll already have the Stone!"

        Then there was no more argument. So long story short, Ron was knock out, Harry checked-mate the King, and we got to continue.

*        *        *

        When we got through the next door, we found the room brightly lit. At the other end of the room, was a standing puppet.

        "What is that?" Harry questioned looking at me.

        I looked puzzled for a moment. 

        Why are they looking at me?

        Then I realized, I was the only one in this little group that grew up in the wizarding world. 

        "Oh! Uh ... it's a Dueling Doll. You see, it's something you practice dueling with." I took a step closer to the doll, "It's even the newest model. Gosh this school is rich. BUt what are we suppose to do to get past?"

        "I think we're suppose to duel against it, since ... you know ... it's called a Dueling Doll." Hermione reasoned.

        "Right. Anyone here wants to duel?" I asked looking around the room, even though I wanted so badly.

        "You know you want to, Clarissa." Hermione smiled and pat me on the back, "We'll get comfortable while you cast the crumbs out of the doll."