The Train Ride

Draco's P.O.V

For the first time ever since I arrived at Hogwarts, I was actually awake before the Sun rose. I don't quite know what the reason behind it is, but I'll just say, "Thank God".

Why? Because while I was awake, nobody at Hogwarts was awake that is apart from some other teachers. And the best part was, the food was already placed out on the table, which meant I get to pick the food that I wanted to eat without having to make sure nobody touches it.

If you aren't happy with that, I don't know which universe you come from, but on Earth we call those people mental.

I mean how could you possibly turn down the opportunity to have all the food you want without having to keep an eye out just in case someone take your serving?

You obviously can do whatever you want, but this is me so I'm just going to be thankful for the fact that it happened to me.

                *                *                *                *                *                *

Right after I finished people started to walk in. I see Crabbe and Goyle walking in to the Great Hall almost immediately. I mean when you're that big, it's really not that hard to spot you.

But what surprised me was, Pansy was actually standing close to both of them. Now that just makes me wonder how on Earth did that happen?

They must be so dumb to actually let Pansy lead them.

Then I remembered, she was the person that sort of saved my life few days ago.

I watched as three of them walked towards me. I immediately pretend that I wasn't staring.

"Hey Malfoy." Crabbe and Goyle said in unison as they sat down next to me, each on one side of me, "we didn't see you in the dorm today and we thought you were already home or something. Like we've missed the train."

I watched as they laughed at their own stupidity. But my mind was definitely on something else, and weirdly enough, that something was actually Pansy. Yes. Out of all of the things, it was Pansy.

She looked quite sad sitting next to Crabbe. She didn't speak at all, which was kind of weird since she's that type that usually speaks so much you just want them to shut up and never open their mouth again.

I looked around, with guilt banging against my chest, before deciding to thank her for what she had done the other day.

"um... Pansy?"

"What?"

Gee, I'm trying to start a conversation with you, stop trying to make it so difficult you toad, I angrily thought to myself.

"I just wanted to say thank you." I said immediately and turning away from her to face the giant pudding that was right in my face.

How did I not notice it before? I mean I have been sitting right in front of it all along. How is that I didn't notice it until now? Or maybe it was just because it had regrown itself, I mean, I definitely remember myself eating a whole chunk of pudding. Or did I somehow mysteriously changed seats without knowing so?

Well, whatever it is, this pudding does look delicious.

Wait, you know those times when you just feel really awkward and you don't know how to react to the moment and then your brain just wanders to something else, trying to make it sound more interesting than it really is and to get your mind off that awkward situation?

Well, I'm going through that right now.

And it feels kind of weird.

"Um... okay?" she said awkwardly, pulling me back to reality.