The Duel

Draco's P.O.V

"Seeker?"  The Weasley said bringing me back from my thoughts, "But first-years never – you mus be the youngest house player in about –"

"– a century," Potter then shoved a spoonful of steak-and-kidney pie in his mouth while Clarissa nodded along excitedly. "Wood told me."

I didn't bother listening to what else he has got to say to Clarissa and Ron. He is clearly just boasting so he can get more attention. It's like as if having eternal pride for destroying You-Know-Who is not good enough for him, and that he needs to get more attention.

Just then, the Weasley Twins arrived. I wonder what have they got to say. Clarissa's face turns pinkish pale almost immediately, increasing my dislike on them.

I didn't quite catch anything that they say, but I didn't see them making any eye contact with Clarissa until the very end when they gave the three of them a smile. Thank god they left quickly.

"Having your last meal, Potter? When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?" I said walking up to them as I pretended I haven't heard a single word they've said. Now that I've got Crabbe and Goyle behind me, I feel far more confident and that I know what I am doing.

Clarissa looked up at me, meeting my gaze. She gave me a deathly glare, which I don't think is because of admiration, before looking away.

"You're a lot braver now you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you." Harry said coolly as if trying to prove that I'm a coward.

The Weasley gave a laugh that made my blood boil. I had to prove him wrong; I had to make sure he gets in trouble.

"I'd take you on anytime of my own," I said loudly to make sure that they heard me, "Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only - no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of wizard's duel before, I suppose?"

"Of course he has," the red head defended angrily, "I'm his second, who's yours?"

I looked up at Crabbe and Goyle. They're both quite stupid, I have to admit. Not much brain is available in side their skulls, but they definitely will crush the Weasley easily.

"Crabbe," I said shortly, "Midnight all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room, that's always unlocked."

I was sure to give them a smirk before leaving. I headed straight back to the table.

I couldn't get the thought out of my mind. I'm going to tell Professor McGonagall or Filch and he'll be in great trouble.

Clarissa's P.O.V

As soon as Malfoy left, Harry asked Ron what wizard's duel is. I knew he wouldn't know what it is, and I know he'd be in great danger. Nothing the Malfoy family had to offer was ever good.

"Well, a second's there to take over if you die," Ron explained, "but people only die in proper duels, you know, with real wizards. The most you and Malfoy'll be able to do is send sparks at each other. Neither of you know enough spell to do any real damage. I bet he expected you to refuse anyway."

"And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?" Harry asked, obviously nervous.

"Throw it away and punch him on the nose,"

"Don't be silly now, Ron. That's against the rules."

"I was just saying. And who on Earth reads the rules anyways? I bet people do that all the time in real Wizard Duels."

"No, they don't. Because that'd mean they've violated the laws." I said in a matter of fact tone.

Right when we were about to pack our things and go back to the common room, a voice popped up out of nowhere, "Excuse me," it said.