five: unpredictable

CHAPTER FIVE:

| emma's pov |

My parents were at the edge of their seats, urging me to start speaking about what happened during the dinner. They were holding onto each other's hands, excitedly. They were really eager to hear about Luke, and it was, frankly, weird.

"What?" I played with the ends of my hair as they shook their head, looking disappointed. I tried to keep the calm and collected vibe present, but I felt like I was going to feel uneasy at my parents' assumptions.

"How was Luke last night? The boy was all over you!" My mother exclaimed, facing me then my father, who looked pleased with what she had just said, as if it wasn't the most sickening thing his daughter has ever heard.

I rubbed my temple; I knew they were going to weird me out. Luke didn't even try to speak with me when we were eating, or even after. If that's what they call 'all over', then I didn't even know how intimate a hug was anymore.

"He's... unpredictable," I answered, getting up from the couch. "And tall."

"That's all?" They both stared at me in disbelief.

"It's okay, Emma. There are plenty of boys around here," my father consoled, as my mother nodded in agreement. These two were definitely meant for each other.

I waved a hand at their 'comforting' skills, "I'm going to my room now." I've had enough of a conversation about the dinner for a day.

Though, him being unpredictable and tall was true. One moment, he'd pull the 'mysterious' card, then another, he'd be a tad bit chirpy. And that was what caught my attention the most. The way he'd actually make me think about his actions. I could care less about people, but he was different. He was kind of like a math problem that was hard to figure out.

Because I know there was something off; there's something he's not telling me, or anyone else, for that matter.