thirty-two: clues

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:

| emma’s pov |

Watching my mother place the last of our things in the car somehow saddened me. I’ve lived in this place my whole life; it was hard to leave just like that.

I’ve made so many memories and met people who’ve changed me. It was just sad that that was the reason why my father died. 

I loved my family so much, and I’m sure she loved hers, too. Why can someone just come and kill people like that? Moreover, a father? 

She was easily ruined by love,” Vicky’s words rung in my head.

Sighing, I put my bag inside and was about to go in when I heard the faint call of my name from somewhere.

“Emma, someone’s calling you,” my mother informed, pointing at someone behind me from the driver’s seat.

It was Vicky; she was panting and trying to move faster, but with her old age, it was dangerous and hard to run.

I rushed over to hug her and help her up. I was confused as to why she was here, but I was thinking it would be about Tabitha. “Vicky, what’s happening?”

“I have to… tell you… something,” she said, in between breaths. 

I rubbed her back. “Alright, what… what is it?”

“Tabitha… she… I don’t think she killed… herself. Her… her feet weren’t that far… from the chair. I think… I think someone framed it.” Her eyes were glassy, but she gave me a very stern look.

“Who do you think killed her?” I was holding my breath for the answer. Who could it be?

She shook her head. “That’s… what I want help with. I’m not sure.” Vicky gave me a piece of paper. “That’s all the people I could think of. Some of them have their numbers there, but I don’t know if they’re all… alive.” 

She shook her head. “Dear, I’ll miss you so much, but I know we’ll meet again. My number’s there, too.” Vicky gave me one last warm embrace and ushered me to go on.

“Thank you, Vicky. I’ll call you as soon as I find clues!” I called, entering the car and closing the door. 

My mother smiled at me and also waved goodbye to Vicky before driving off.