forty-five: i love you too [last]

• Dedicated to ALL OF YOU ILY

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE / LAST CHAPTER:

| emma’s pov |

“Luke and Tabitha were neighbors.”

"I agreed not to meet him."

 “She killed herself.”

“I don’t think she killed herself.”

“It was as if he didn’t even write this at all.”

“-Luke Hemmings”

“You’re next, Emma.”

“Stay away.”

“No.”

“Sometimes, it’s the person you least expect.”

The paper flew out of my hand, but I didn’t care. Because I finally knew who killed Tabitha. I finally knew who killed the rest of them. 

Even though Tabitha was bound to Luke, even though she was obsessed with him, Tabitha wasn’t going to kill me.

She was warning me.

She was warning me and Luke, because she knew who killed her. She knew who was after us. 

But she couldn’t tell us straight who it was.

Because it was her own mother.

It was Vicky.

“L-Luk-“

I heard a gunshot and immediately dropped to the ground, with Luke following, as he held onto his bleeding shoulder. His white shirt was now stained with the red liquid. 

Panicking, I tried to press on it, not knowing what to do. 

Someone forcefully yanked on my hair, pulling me away from Luke. A cold metal followed after it, which traced my face and stayed on my forehead.

“Remember when I told you that you were just like Tabitha?” Vicky giggled, looking down at me from her height. “I wasn’t lying. But there’s something I have to tell you… I hated her.” 

My teeth clenched from the pain on my head; I felt like my hair was being ripped out. I wanted to scream and kick, but one pull of the trigger, my head would be pierced by the bullet. “W-why did you kill her?”

“Another thing I forgot to tell you. I was obsessed with him, too.” 

I hated her singsong voice and how she squeezed Luke’s face in her hand. 

“You’re fucked up,” I told her, narrowing my eyes.

She mocked me, shaking her head, “Well, not as ‘fucked up’ as you are. I can’t believe this boy loves you; with your profanities and… everything. I would be, by far, a better choice.”

“S-stop,” Luke begged, doing his best to get near me.

Vicky further forced the gun to my head, pushing me backwards. “Touch her, and she dies. I’m not as soft-hearted as my stupid daughter, darling.”

He, helpless, looked at me with so much regret and love. Luke didn’t say anything, but I knew what he wanted to tell me.

I smiled, despite Vicky’s threats to shut me up and stop me from speaking to him. I was long prepared for this, anyway.

“I love you, too, Luke.”

Author's Note: I just want to say thank you to everyone who has read this whole fanfiction, wow. The fact that you actually took time to read this is something I'm grateful for. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me (or comment it). I love you all; you're all beautiful and amazing. And yes, this is the end of Placid.