bonus: thoughts

author's note: this happens way before the ending [just to clarify] <3

BONUS CHAPTER:

| luke's pov |

"You're quite something, did you know that?" Emma told me, looking up from the book she was reading for the past sixteen minutes; I had nothing better to do than count the minutes that passed.

I stared at her, with my eyebrows creased together in perplexion. I didn't get that comment on a daily basis, especially from her, so I was confused as to what she meant. "What do you mean?"

She shook her head, closing her book, then sitting up properly. "You're hard to see through," she explained further, trying to get me to understand, but I still wasn't getting to it. 

All I could do was keep my baffled expression, without asking any questions, which would complicate the whole dialogue even more. What she was remarking about me had two different meanings. It could mean bad, and it could mean good.

"I never know what you're thinking!" She exclaimed, exasperatedly, obviously tired from speaking so much. "Like, sometimes, I think I do, but then I don't?" She added the last part, in a puzzled manner, but that's when I actually comprehended what she said.

I nodded slowly. "I think I can catch on."

She heaved a deep and relaxed sigh. "That's good, then. I just wanted to tell you that it's a good thing, Luke. Don't take things too seriously." Emma giggled, picking up her book again and resuming with whatever it was she stopped at.

As much as I wanted to tell her that I needed to take things seriously, I stopped myself. It wasn't like we were close enough to reveal these things to each other; we've only been 'friends' for nine days. I don't think it was right to say any more than I should be.

"Someday, though, Luke, I'll be able to know what's on your mind."