Some thing fishy is going on here - (Scott POV)

This was not how I wanted to spend my Saturday afternoon, now going into evening. Like not at all. I should be cuddled up with Isaac on the love seat in the pack house running my fingers through his golden curls or tangled in the sheets of our bed down one of the long corridors that span the house that the pack have all moved into while completing the remainder of the last year of high school. I am snapped out of my thoughts by Derek's Alpha growl, his eyes are glowing a deep red and his fangs are gleaming in the remainder of the falling sun, It's mid October so the sun is beginning to sink below the horizon already and it's only 7pm. Anyway back on track Derek is baring his fangs at the shimmering figure on the lake on the far side of the preserve.

The figure is that of a man, from waste up he is shirtless exposing his toned abs, he has strong arms leading down into large hands gripping at a... is that a trident... of course it's a trident does this guy even try to let go of stereotypes. The man has a strong jaw and a face that looks as if it has been sculpted from marble, the only thing that is odd about his torso up appearance is the bright blue hair that is plastered to his forehead with glimmering streams of water... and the gills peeking from the side of his neck. From his waste down, well that's a whole other story. The man's tale (yes tale) is composed of scales in all different shades of shimmering blues and greens making his tale appear an iridescent turquoise. His voice came out ruff, deep but sharp, like it was coming out of his mouth and slipping over a sharp blade. It was like it was entering my ears then echoing around my skull.

"State your what your purpose is here, on my land, that is such that you did not come and ask the Alpha of the land for permission first" Derek growled through elongating fangs. The Merman smiled "Alpha Hale" he bowed his sculpted head in submission, "I came here to speak with an old friend, she was a Nymph in this very lake, but it appears she has faded with time" the Merman raised his head and looked at us will sad eyes, but there was something else in them, something I didn't like and by the scent of Derek, he didn't either. "I am very sorry, I will leave this lake first ting tomorrow" another sad smile and the Merman slunk back into the water, sinking deep into the lake. Derek turned to us, shoulders tight with tension and led the pack out of the cleaning back to the woods, heading into the direction of the Hale house.

We were almost back at the Hale house when Boyd open his mouth and announced, "I don't like this, something feels off" I giggled and everyone spun to me, and looked at me with concern as if I may have hit my head too hard. Through gasping giggles I said, "You could say something fishy is going on here". The pack looked at me in a look that was bordering on slight horror, then their faces went slack and the whole pack burst into thick laughter.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The rest of the evening was relaxed and we all hung around lazily in the living room in a delightful, comfortable haze. At around 6pm the hushed whispers in the room of many different conversations were interrupted by Cora's stomach grumbled noisily. Everyone turned to look at her and her face glowed red slightly. She mumbled about being hungry and even with supernatural hearing was muffled. Peter chuckled from his place on the sofa and stood, "How does everyone feel about burgers from the diner". I nodded my head furiously and saw the rest of the pack copy the action and Peter continued to chuckle and began to exit the Hale house with the pack lumbering after him.

We walked in a line to the large garage on the side of the building, Erica went over and pressed three buttons that opened three of the four doors, Derek and Cora walked over to the Camaro and got inside, they were the first to pull out revealing a second car behind, an old resurrected Mustang in a red-coppery colour that was then filled with Peter, Erica and Boyd, they then pulled out following the tracks of the Camaro the metal door of their section of the garage shutting behind them. I swung onto my bike Isaac following me, wrapping his lean, muscular arms around my waist and hooking his thumbs through the belt looks of my jeans. Out of the corner of my eye I watched as Jackson opened the passenger side door of the Porsche for Lydia and then walk round to the drivers side while Allison climbed into the back. I revved my bike. Jackson revved back in response and we went shooting out of the garage, the doors shutting behind us leaving the Pack house in the dust.