Their discovery - (Stiles POV)

A/N- I love the character of Sheriff Stilinski but for where I need this story to go he needs to be a dick, so sorry but he's an asswhole in this story. 😕 Also trigger warning!

Today was always a bad day. It didn't matter if the meds where working -or more often than not- not working. I had played my mom's old piano like I usually do on this day for half an hour, it was only 10 am when my Dad came out form his room and began shouting at me. The worst part was that he hadn't even been drinking yet.

*flashback*
He looked like he had just woken up, or at least like he had been awake in bed for hours crying and had only now just got up. Probably because of the music and to get his first drink of the day. The first drink of many, so, so many. I was half was through 'Piano Sonata No 11' when he came into the room. He came into the room and fixed me with red puffy eyes, I was about to open my mouth to speak when he shouted, "STOP IT! Stop it, stop it, STOP!". My fingers hovered over the keys but I stoped, "but Da-". he interrupted me with a harsh tone, "Don't even think about finishing that sentence". My mouth snapped shut. His eyes flicked down to where my fingers where still hovering over the keys and then he lunged forward snapping down the piano lid. I pulled back my fingers in time just enough that they were harshly bashed not broken and let out a loud yelp.

He looked at me with apologies in his eyes but he didn't speak them, instead he said something that shattered my resolve even more. "Stiles you need to get out of the house for today". My mouth hung open but I clamped it shut, if fell open again and I stuttered out, "W...wh...what but D-". He interrupted again. "Please, Stiles, I...I can't look at you. Not today". Oh what was that. Right it was my heart shattering into millions of little pieces. "O..o...okay" I was trying my best not to sob. My own father didn't want me in the house. Not even today when we where meant to remember her together. I mean there were those time where he - but no that was different, he didn't mean it, it was the whiskey and to be honest I had been an annoying little shit all those times, I had deserved it.

"Let me just... get some things then I go". He just walked into the kitchen, "Yeah, whatever just get out for the day". He picked up one of the many bottles of Jack Daniels, not even bothering to get a glass and strode back to his room only stoping in the door way to mutter a, "just leave and be quick" before continuing his journey to his room. I sat there for a minute stunned, I was being kicked out, only for a day but I was being kicked out. I took a shuddering breath and walked to my room. What would I even need, I didn't know. So I just slung my red hoodie on and a pair of shoes and walked back through to the kitchen. One of the cabinets of liquor was still open showing an array of bottles. What the hell, if I was going to spend this day alone and miserable without mom's piano I might as well be alone and miserable while drunk, maybe I can feel closer to dad that way. I snorted at my thoughts and picked up on of the bottles of jack by the neck.

I was away to leave when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror on the wall. Pathetic. Worthless. Fat. Stupid. Idiot. Freak. I unscrewed the cap on the Jack and took a deep swig. The liquid poured down my throats and filled my constantly cold body with warmth. I brought the bottle back down after another swig and screw the cap back on. I went to the back door and walked out into the back yard. The woods lay beyond the wooden fence. They where large and spacious and quite. The perfect place to get lost for a few hours as I decided what to do with myself. Maybe find the lake on the persevere and swim to the bottom, see if I ever come back up or if it leads to a whole new place. First though I would find myself a nice tree stump to sit on and think stuff over. Then I would decide. Then, not just yet. Then.
*End of flashback*