Encounters in the woods - (Derek POV)

I whiped the sleep out of my eyes as I got up, I had awoken on the living room floor at the sound of the phone, the rest of the pack where in different states of annoyance due to being woken up. We had all fallen asleep on the floor in the puppy pile. I stood up shaking my leg hard enough that Isaac groaned and slipped off of where he was hugging my leg, I smiled down at him slightly. Isaac had really opened up to me and the others a lot over the years, he looked at me as if I was the father he had always wished he had, this both pulled on my heart and made me determined not to fail him anything like his biological father did. I stretched my back out and heard my spine pop back into place. I strode over to the culprit phone. Umm I mean my phone. I picked it up and pressed answer without even looking to see who was calling. My own voice sounded gruff in my ears "Hello?". I waited for a minute and was about to hang up when I heard a throat clear on the other end. "Umm is this Mr... John Stilinski?" The voice was feminine and young, and also just so happened to sound like the receptionist at the high school. I looked up at the clock. What kind of school receptionist phones at 6:30 am. 6:30 AM! I sent a glare to Lydia then flicked my head to the clock. She got the message and started to get the rest of the pack up to have showers and food and get ready before school, where they had to be in less than an hour.

"Umm no this is Derek Hale, may I ask why you are calling?" I replied to the woman, "Oh... this is Lindy Sampson, the receptionist at Beacon Hills High School. It is down here that you are the emergency contact for one Stiles Stilinski." At this there was a clatter from the kitchen and the rushing of feet against the floor, two seconds later Boyd and Erica flung around the corner and where in front of Derek. "Yeah, his father is at work a lot and I am around a phone more often, what is the issue?" I could here the woman take a deep breath and I looked around to see the rest of the pack looking at me questionably. "Well... umm... I know... I know that in the letter Mr Stilinski brought in explaining his absence has a... umm perfectly good reason... but umm... as it is not a current event the school will have to put it down as an unexplained absence. would you please make Mr Stilinski aware of this please." The pups tilled their head in further confusion, and then Scott's face crumpled in sadness and realisation and he whispered  'tell her that none of us will be in school today and that you will make Stiles aware'. Due to my supernatural hearing I heard him clearly and relayed the message to the woman making up some excuse about food poisoning that they had all gotten last night eating food for the Indian in town that had recently been connected to a who variety of food poisoning cases. She replied with an "Of course Mr Hale, tell them to get better soon and have a nice day". Then there was a long beeping signalling that she had hung up.

I turned to Scott. "Explain", I could feel my eyebrows raise up towards my hair line. Scott looked up his eyes teary. "October 23rd" He said the word as if they held all the pain in the world. Lydia huffed, "Yes Scott state the date, because that makes so much sense to us!". After living with Lydia for months now the pack was now aware she was not a morning person, she was even more blunt and got even more exasperated before her morning shower and smoothie. "Stiles doesn't come to school today, ever. Hasn't done for exactly 10 years". Now I was getting frustrated, "Scott what the hell are you talking about!". Now a tear actually did fall down his cheek, "His mom, she died on the 23rd of October exactly 10 years ago". And once again for what felt like the millionth time this past week the pack fell in to complete silence, brought on by the knowledge of what was happening and what we had done to our friend. Cora spoke up, "So we go, we pay our respects to Mrs Stilinski, we go and find Stiles and we end this crap we have put him through. Today!". I agreed with her, it was time for this to end.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Walls, Masks and Plaid Shirts (Book One of the 'Plaid Shirts' series)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें