Chapter 4: Bree

As the story goes on the chapters will get a lot longer, I started spending a lot of time typing this up and editing it and stuff so its kind of my longest story ever XD

Alice took me hunting for the first time.  It was easiest to catch deer but she said to look for other carnivorous animals, they helped kill the thirst better.  She said bears and mountain lions were the best but very rare.  I found three deer.  It was so refreshing. 

            A month passed and my eyes began to turn a brownish tint.  Bella and Edward planned a wedding and Jacob Black disappeared. 

            Carlisle forced me to get a job.  “You should try working at this Italian Restaurant.  I told the owner of Vanessa’s is expecting you,” he said.

            I walked to Vanessa’s Fine Italian Dining and pushed open the door. 

            It smelled like marinara sauce and garlic.  The scent of human blood was thick on every ounce of furniture. 

            “Can I help you?” the hostess asked.  Her eyes were magnified by huge black and brown rimmed glasses and her thin brown hair was in a ponytail. 

            “Uh, I’m looking for the owner,” I said. 

            “Oh, right this way,” the woman said. 

            They walked to the back past the kitchen to the owner’s office. 

            “Miss Vanessa, Dr. Cullen’s newest is here,” the woman said. 

            The woman at the desk before them had thick dark brown hair, tied into a ponytail.  She was a little big but firm looking.  “Thank you, Candice,” she said, not looking up for her paperwork. 

            She raised her eyes as Candice closed the door on her way out.  She was the most intimidating human I’d ever seen.  Her eyes were those of a drill sergeant’s and she stared me down. 

            “Sit,” she said in a thick Italian accent.

            I sat in the nearest chair. 

            “Carlisle sent you to apply for a job?  But at such a young age,” she said. 

            “ Yes,” I said.

            “Well, I have decided to give you the job.  It is a surprise.  My nephew, Cameron, will begin teaching you in two days.  You will have dinner tonight with him.  Just to meet him, you know?” she said. 

            “Yes, okay,” I said.

            “Dinner starts at six o’clock sharp.  You can stay here all day if you like,” she said. 

            So I stayed.  I made it my duty to meet all of the regular customers and staff.  Of the regular customers there were a few Indians from the La Push reservation; a woman named Carla and her 6 year-old daughter Trudy; a man named Carlos who sits and stares out the window; a college-aged couple who always sit in a booth and order fettuccine alfredo; and a small girl with white-blonde hair named Trisha.  She comes only to talk to Cameron because she has a crush. 

            I met the staff members too. There was Candice; the hostess that worked the hostess table on Thursdays and Fridays; Carlton, who worked the host station Wednesdays and Tuesdays; Breann who worked Mondays and Saturdays; James who worked on Sundays; the cooks, Maria, Laya, and Mandy; and the two barmen, Jason and Otis “Otissery”.