Chapter 7: Cameron/ Bree

Cameron

Carlisle had forbid me from going anywhere near the kitchen door of my aunt’s restaurant.  He comes over to my house a few times a week to check on me.  He never brings Bree with him because she’s at work.  The first time I see her is after the accident at the restaurant for the weekly meeting with the guys for lunch. 

            “What’s her house like?” Brent asked. 

            “I don’t know big?” I said. 

            “Did you see Rosalie?” James asked. 

            “No,” I said. 

            “Aw, dude, what’s a trip to Cullen’s without a peek in Rosalie’s lingerie drawer,” Brent whined. 

            “Dude, that’s gross,” Elliot said.  He was looking up.  “Isn’t she married anyway?”

            “Yeah,” I said.

            “Bummer… I wanted to get to know her a little better,” Brent said.

            “Now that’s just nasty,” Richard said. 

            “I thought you were supposed to be at home.  When I tell Carlisle you disobeyed, he’ll kill you,” Bree said.

            I flinched.  I could just imagine Carlisle sinking his fangs deep into my neck and-

            “What can I get you?” she asked. 

            “I don’t know.  Do you come on a platter?” Brent asked.  “I think Cameron would find it easier to drool all over you if-.”

            “Shut up!” I said, my cheeks setting on fire. 

            “You know you wanna,” Richard said. 

            “Yeah, well we all know Brent is the only one at the table with saliva dripping from his lips like a hyena.”  It was Trisha.  “You jerks are sitting in my seat.”

            She had her hands on her little hips.  Her hair was in a side ponytail and her blue eyes drilled holes in Brent’s head.  They stared each other down and then her eyes averted to my heavily bandaged arm. 

            “Cam!  What happened?” she said. 

            “He fell into the dessert table,” James said. 

            “Omigawsh, the glass one?” she asked me.

            “No dip, Watson.  Do you see any other dessert tables?” Elliot said.

            “It’s Sherlock, genius.  If you’re gonna say it, say it right,” Brent said.

            If looks could kill, Elliot would have dropped dead.  “Bree, can you get me a Coke and a piece of string?  I need to choke some people,” she asked.

            “Let’s stick with coke,” Bree said.  She disappeared into the kitchen

            “Well, how’s it going between you and Jessica?” I asked, eager to change the subject. 

            Richard flushed bright red.  “Great,” he said. 

            “Really?” Brent asked.