Starving

I didn't know I was starving until I tasted you.
Don't need no butterflies, when you give me the whole damn zoo.
By the way, by the way, you do things to my body,
I didn't know I was starving until I tasted you.
-
Hailee Steinfeld, Grey and Zedd
______________________________________

Camila Cabello never expected to have a boyfriend, or go on a date or we'll anything romantic. So when she opened her locker on a miserable Monday morning, where her first lesson was English, she was more than shocked to find a white envelope in her locker saying To Miss Karla Camila Cabello - the prettiest girl of them all. She blushed before opening the envelope to find a pink note that read:

To Mila,

Everyday I look at you I fall in love with you and your Latin Sass even more than I already am. You may not know who I am right now. But I'm much closer than you think.

Love from,

Your brunette guitar player
X

Camila felt her cheeks going even redder than before. 'Latin Sass' I've heard that before. She thought. At this moment, her best friend, Shawn Mendes, appeared next to her. Although she didn't acknowledge him at that moment to busy rereading the letter, he took her in.

"Mila?" He shook her slightly. "Huh? what?" He laughed. "You were in a daze. What is it?" She blushed again. "Someone wrote me this letter." Showing him the letter but not letting him read it.

"Did they? I wonder who it is?" He asked, raising his hand to his chin in a thinking posture before laughing. She slapped his arm before hugging him lightly. He kissed her forehead softly before tightening his hold on her.

"Shawn! This is the first time this has ever happened to me! I didn't think it ever would! I mean no one likes me!" Shawn shook his head at this. "That's not true Mila! I like you! Lauren likes you! We all like - no - love you!"

"But that's not the love I mean." She sighed. Shawn looked away for a moment, muttering something under his breath that she couldn't hear fully but she caught a few words. "Don't - Me - Why?" She didn't really know.

Suddenly an idea popped into her mind. "Hey! Maybe it's Austin?" Shawn's eyes widened. "What? Why would it be Austin?" He queried. "Because I've always liked him and maybe he felt the same way."

"But he doesn't play guitar!" "Maybe it's a secret talent. The only guitar player I know is you!" She exclaimed. Shawn shook his head. "You're so oblivious. Maybe if you looked around, you'd realise the one for you is right in front of you." He spoke before turning around and walking away.

Camila stood confused and frozen not knowing what had just happened. Why had Shawn said that? Shawn didn't write the letter, he didn't like her like that and she didn't feel it either. She went to look for Austin.
______________________________________

Shawn Mendes left his best friend in the corridor after she had failed to realise that the note was from him. Angered by her insistence that it was from that idiot, Austin Mahone, he stormed off and went looking for his friends.

He found them by the fountain of the school conversing, when he walked up to them, they took notice of his glum facial expression.

"What happened? Did she not feel the same way?" Matt asked. "No. I know Camila. She wouldn't say that. It's something else." Lauren interrupted.

Shawn sighed and shrugged. "She thinks Austin wrote the note." Looking down at his feet, he felt a tear slip down his cheek before Lauren leaned up hugging him.