Find U Again

A/N: Requested by 10secondstojupiter, I really hope you like it! Sorry I'm so late!
_______________________________________

Shawn let out a growl of frustration as he realised once again that his lead had been lost. "Why must she always frustrate me?" He cried out as he cast his eyes over the empty room standing in front of him.

Clothes were strewn across the floor, dark makeup from her latest escapade as a goth littering the furniture and her bed covers unmade with various items lying in the middle of the mess.

Slowly he stepped forward, trying to keep his anger at bay. This was a game he was becoming tired of playing and he had to admit he was close to giving up, hand her the crown and let her run free. But he was being paid good money for this and it was what he needed, so he just about carried on.

He came up next to her bed and looked down at the items, a scowl forming on his face as he registered what was in front of him. A mobile blinking with pictures of him as he attempted to watch her without being caught, to no avail clearly.

Her laptop lay next to it and quickly flashed as the photo montage came to an end and her smiling face beamed up at him. "And to think? You were so close Mendes, so so close." She motioned with her hands. "Too bad." She cackled for a brief moment, before pausing and staring innocently at the screen.

As if she wasn't a criminal on the run who Shawn had been hired to kill. "One day I'll let you catch me." She whispered. Shawn felt his heart flutter at the sweetness that she presented to him. "And maybe when that happens, you'll want me."

He felt his heartstrings tugged just a little bit more at her statement.

This was the norm for him, what had started off as a simple game of cat and mouse, where Shawn would come inches within catching Camila before she just escaped from his clutches.

But things changed, what once was an imitation of Tom and Jerry soon became conflicted by the romantic feelings Camila revealed for Shawn during one of her close shaves with her capture.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in close. "Come on, baby." He resisted the urge to shiver. "Forget about that bounty and have a little fun because I'd love to know what it feels like to have those lips on mine. To be loved by those arms. To hear your sweet words in my ear as we make love." Shawn raised his hands to her waist. "Wouldn't it be amazing?" She whispered as she leant in close and left her lips within touching distance of his.

Shawn considered saying yes and reciprocating those feelings, sweeping her across her feet and taking her someplace no one would ever find them. It would be sweet, hot, beautiful.

But he needed that money and he didn't really know Camila, he just knew the basic facts, what was necessary to find her and try to capture her. But he didn't know what she was like as a partner, what her favourite movie was, what her favourite type of date was. He didn't know any of that and he couldn't throw all that he had worked for away for a girl he barely knew.

With all his might, he wrenched his body away from hers. "No." She looked up at him in shock, before she stared at him distraught, reaching out towards him. "I can't and I won't. This isn't right. I will get you and I will kill you." He seethed attempting to force himself to believe his words, even though they both knew he didn't.

She sighed taking a step back. "One day, you'll feel the same way." She whispered before she stepped into the shadows and was gone.

Since that point, she'd tried to tempt him into giving their relationship a go and she'd come close so many times. Had even gotten him to share a few kisses with him, but just as it seemed that she'd finally managed to convince him of their worth of how great they'd be, he'd wrench himself away and hiss words of hate down her ear as he locked her hand behind her back.