Pay Off - Part 2

Ok, so this is in the same timeline as the previous one shot, so make sure to read that first.

Requested by - Silly_Mendes and archibaldswife, I didn't want to write two Q&A ones so I kind of combined the two together and I was struggling to write a full one shot just about the Q&A, but I hope you still like it!

______________________________

Sitting in the cosy confines of his dressing room, while waiting for the usual call to come down to the Q&A room, Shawn stared at his girlfriend of eighteen months. The girlfriend who he was wildly in love with and had hidden his relationship with until the prior month and even then they still didn't know who she was.

His stare remained on the feisty brunette until she felt his gaze and stared back at him, causing a smirk to appear on her face as Shawn blushed. "What'cha looking at babe?" She teased, winking at him.

He shook his head at the girl, before leaning forward and gathering her into his arms, pulling her onto his lap as he rested into the couch. "Just admiring my stunning girlfriend. Is there anything wrong with that?" He grinned as he cupped her face.

She quietly blushed before leaning down and pressing a small kiss to his lips. "Suck up." She muttered as she pulled away. "Only for you." She shook her head before slapping his chest. "Stop being so cliche." He laughed, "Alright, fine. I'm sorry." He kissed her lips once more before they heard a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" Shawn called as his girlfriend played with his hands, carving the design of the swallow tattoo. "Shawn! It's time for the Q&A!" He heard his assistant call. The girl sitting in his lap groaned as she realised she had to leave her comfortable position. "You gonna come watch?" He asked as they slowly rose from their position and made their way out of the dressing room and into the corridor. "Yeah."

He grinned as they strolled towards the Q&A room, arms swinging as they tightly held onto one another's hands. This was something he could only dream of two years previously. It was still a shock to him that he and Camila Cabello had ended up in the position they were, dating for nearly two years strong and unlikely to end anytime soon.

He remembered how heartbroken he had been when he and Camila had filmed the Senorita video while she was still in a relationship with Matthew, the dating coach with very questionable advice in Shawn's opinion. How he and Sinu had had that conversation about how he shouldn't give up on Camila because she knew the relationship between the pair was fading and he would regret missing his chance if he tried to move on.

He was so glad he listened because a few weeks later, he'd received a call from Camila declaring the breakup and he quickly found himself on cloud nine, although he attempted to hide it from Camila. At first, she seemed heartbroken but that soon faded as those around her convinced her of her worth and how the dating coach was without a doubt the least suitable person for her as a future partner.

Earning Shawn his shot with Camila.

He was still in LA just before his tour started when she asked if they could meet up for lunch. It was literally about a week after her breakup, but it hadn't been announced to the public yet and the fact that she was so willing to go out worried Shawn slightly, but the lunch had been fun and they spent the rest of the day together after that.

That evening when they separated, she confessed that while she had been upset over the loss of the relationship, she hadn't been surprised and had even been the one to suggest it as she had felt the relationship fading and their 'romantic' getaway was, in fact, the last ditch attempt to save the already crumbling relationship.