Teacher

UPDATE! I HAVE NOW PUBLISHED THE FIRST TWO CHAPTERS OF THE BOOK I HAVE MADE OF THIS IMAGINE!
______________________________________

Shawn Mendes held onto his son's hand. Rio jumped up and down as the two made their way to the boy's classroom.

The two were running late as Shawn had overslept after spending a long night at the office. But that was how it had to be, after Lauren had Rio, she just upped and left, leaving him to care for the child. But Shawn loved his son nevertheless and took great care for him, unfortunately being a single parent meant that the amount of being money to spare was not a lot. Which meant he couldn't give Rio all the things he deserved.

Finally they made it to Rio's classroom, "I hope your teacher won't be too mad at me for bringing you in late." Rio giggled and pulled his father's hand. "Don't worry Daddy, Miss Cabello doesn't mind. She's very nice."

Shawn pushed the door handle and opened the door. Kids were all playing around with blocks and toys as Rio pulled his hand away and ran to a short woman in the middle of the room. "Miss Cabello!" He shouted as he hugged the woman. The woman laughed before hugging the boy back. "Rio!" She let go and looked up at Shawn, her eyes slightly widened and Shawn couldn't stop staring at Miss Cabello. She was so beautiful.

She stepped towards Shawn. "Hi, you must be Mr Mendes, Rio's dad." He nodded and took the hand she held out. "Shawn, and you're Miss Cabello." She smiled. "Call me Camila." "Camila, I like it." Her smile widened. "Sorry, we're late." He began, "I had a long day at the office before I picked him up."

Camila waved her hand dismissively, "Oh, it's alright. I had a great conversation with Brian yesterday as usual. He's a riot." Shawn nodded. Brian was hilarious but he wasn't the best when it came to child safety, but he was all Shawn had. "Sure, but dangerous." She laughed.

Shawn clapped his hands together, aware that he had to be on his way to work, of which he was already late to, which meant he'd be staying later. "Right, I'd best be off. Work calls." She smiled, "It was nice to meet you Shawn." "You too, Camila." Before he could walk out though he got a text from Brian. He quickly read over it and cursed.

"What wrong?" She asked bringing a hand to his arm. "Brian had to cancel and I don't have anyone else to look after Rio now. I don't get home until seven at least." Shawn began wracking his brain trying to think of someway to care for his son when Camila's voice cut him out of his thoughts.

"He can come with me. Rio and I know each other well enough and I'm happy to help you out when I can." Shawn shook his head. "I can't ask you to do that. You already put up with him for six hours a day anyway." Camila giggled and Shawn laughed along. Her laugh was infectious, oh god he'd only just met this woman five minutes ago and he was already head over heels for her.

"It's fine, I'm perfectly happy to look after him for you." Shawn beamed at her and couldn't help but wrap his arms around the short woman. "Thank you so much." She hugged him back before they pulled away. Shawn called Rio over to them and placed a hand at his shoulder, "You're going to stay with Miss Cabello after school,OK?" He nodded. "I want you on your best behaviour." He nodded again. "I'll see you tonight, alright?" Rio beamed a massive smile and pitched forward hugging him tightly. "Bye daddy." He smiled and kissed the boy's forehead.

Shawn turned back to Camila and she held a piece of paper out to him. "My address and number, so you know where we are." He thanked her before walking out and giving a quick wave making his way to work.
______________________________________

Later that afternoon, Shawn pulled up at Camila's apartment building. He climbed out of the car and made his way up to her floor and found her number. He knocked on the door and waited for a moment before the door opened. Camila stood in front of him, a gleaming smile on her face.